Managing your energy use with a prepayment meter
Do you want to switch to Good Energy?
If you have a prepayment meter and you’d like to sign up to the Good Energy prepayment meter service, we’d love to hear from you. Call 0800 254 0004 to speak to our dedicated sales team Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm (except bank holidays), and Saturdays 10am - 1pm.
Are you already a Good Energy customer?
If you’re already a Good Energy prepayment meter customer and have a question, please see our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, our customer care team are on hand to help. Email email@example.com or call 0800 254 0000 Monday to Friday 8am–8pm (except bank holidays) Saturday 8am–1pm.
Have you lost supply?
If your supply has stopped due to a fault with your meter or your payment key, please contact us immediately on 0800 254 0000. We’ll arrange for an engineer to visit and put the problem right within 3 hours if you notify us Monday–Friday between 8am and 8pm (except bank holidays) or within 4 hours outside of these times.
Advantages of using a prepayment meter:
- Pay as you go – no surprise bills
- You can monitor your consumption
- Emergency credit option
Tips and information on using your prepayment meter:
- Only ever use your Good Energy registered key to ensure you stay on the correct tariff rate and that we receive your payments
- Remember to top up regularly, which you can do at any PayPoint outlet, Post Office or Payzone
- If you lose your key or it is damaged, please contact us immediately
- Going on holiday? Remember to top up enough credit to cover your daily standing charge
- If you have a debt, your debt recovery rate will be set to £3.60 as a minimum
- Moving House? Don’t forget to let us know by completing one of our home movers forms
If you have a debt on your domestic prepayment meter, you may be able to switch suppliers under an industry process called Debt Assignment Protocol (DAP). Please see our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for more information and also contact your chosen new supplier. We also have a Priority Service Register (PSR), dedicated to offering extra help. If you need us to do anything differently – such as write to you in Braille, send your bills to a relative or carer, or help you read your meter – just let us know by registering for the PSR.
Download the PSR guide and application form below.
You can also call our customer care team on 0800 254 0000 to talk about your needs directly.
COP Priority service pdf 70KB
Ready to switch?