About Good Energy
Good Energy is a British renewable electricity company with a difference.
Founded in 1999, our mission at Good Energy is to transform the UK energy market by helping homes and businesses to be part of a sustainable solution to climate change.
By joining Good Energy you will be part of a community of homes and businesses that either:
- buys 100% renewable electricity and green gas, through switching their supply
- generates renewable power in their own homes, or
- invests in renewable power as a shareholder of Good Energy.
Simply switching to Good Energy could cut your carbon footprint by up to 50% and means that the UK has to import less fossil fuels from abroad.
Why Good Energy is different.
- All of the electricity Good Energy provides comes from over 1,000 different locations across the UK, harnessing local, natural sources like sunshine, wind, rain and biofuels. We even own some solar and wind sites including Delabole Wind Farm in Cornwall, Woolbridge Solar Park in Dorset and Hampole Wind Farm in Yorkshire. And we’ve invested in the planned Tidal Lagoon in Swansea Bay to further diversify our sources of renewable energy.
- We've also just launched our carbon neutral green gas with 6% of our gas coming from biomethane: gas produced from organic matter – like manure and sewage – here in the UK.
- We don’t think the energy market needs to be complex and mysterious. That’s why we offer one standard electricity tariff and one dual-fuel tariff for both electricity and gas.
- We want to keep costs down for our customers, so our tariffs are affordably priced – our average standard tariff being cheaper than the ‘Big Six’.
- We’ve been voted in the top two for the last five MoneySavingExpert.com polls for customer service by users.
- We want to inspire a UK energy revolution. To break the stranglehold of the big, old-fashioned energy generators and move to a cleaner, greener future.
Ready to switch?