The Good Energy online account is a simple, easy and green way to manage your energy, and it has recently had a new look.
Here is everything you need to get started.
How to log into your account
Your account log in details will be the same as they were on our old Online Account portal. If you’ve forgotten your password, you can reset your password on the account login screen by selecting ‘create or reset your password’. If you need to update the email address you use to log in, please call our Clean Energy Specialists on 0345 034 2400..
How to view your usage
Got a smart meter? You can now view all of your historic electricity and gas usage on our online account and on our app. This information is available to see in kWh and in £, and you can see a daily, weekly or monthly view to fully understand how you are using your energy.
All you need to do is navigate to the usage tab to get started.
How to submit a meter reading
It is easy to submit meter readings using your online account. Here’s what you need to do:
- Navigate to ‘Readings’.
- Press the ‘Submit meter reading’ button or text link at the top of your screen.
- If you have multiple meters, select the meter that you would like to submit a reading for.
- Input the reading into the ‘New meter reading’ field. Visit how to read your meter for guidance.
- If your reading was taken on a previous date, select this from the ‘Reading date’ drop down.
- Press the ‘Submit reading’ button.
- Check that the reading and date are correct for the selected meter. You can edit this information by pressing the ‘Edit reading’ button, which will take you back to the previous screen.
- Once confirmed, press the ‘Confirm & submit’ button.
How to make a payment
You can use your online account to set up a new payment. Here’s what you need to do:
- Navigate to ‘Payments’.
- Press the ‘Make one-off payment’ button.
- Input an amount in the ‘Top-up amount’ field.
- Enter your card details in the relevant fields and press ‘Pay’.
- Once your payment is received you will see the ‘Payment accepted’ screen, displaying the amount paid.
- On returning to ‘Payments’ you will see this appear in your transactions.
How to set up a Direct Debit
Direct Debits are the easiest and greenest way to pay for your energy. You can set up a new Direct Debit using your online account, by following the steps below. Please note, this functionality is not yet available on our app.
- Navigate to ‘Payments’.
- Press the ‘Set up a Direct Debit’ button.
- Select which type of Direct Debit you would like to set up.
- With a fixed Direct Debit, you will pay the same amount on the same date each month. This helps you to budget throughout the year, effectively overpaying in summer to cover the additional fuel used over winter.
- With a variable Direct Debit, your payment amount and payment day will change from month to month in line with your usage and billing.
Setting up a schedule for fixed direct debits
- Choose your payment amount by using the increase and decrease toggles, or by entering an amount directly into the field. Your payment must be within a certain range displayed above the field. We will display a recommended amount based on your current balance and energy usage.
- Choose your date of payment by using the dropdown selector. If this date ever falls on a weekend or bank holiday, the payment will be taken the next working day.
- Press ‘Confirm schedule’.
Entering your bank details
- Enter the bank account information in the relevant fields.
- Review your chosen payment schedule.
- Tick the box to confirm that you are the account holder and the only person required to authorise debits from the account.
- If you would like to amend your payment schedule, press ‘Edit payment schedule’ to be taken back to the previous screen. Once you are happy that all information is correct, press ‘Set up Direct Debit’.
It can take up to 5 working days for the Direct Debit to be set up with your bank.
For more information about Direct Debits, visit Direct Debit payments explained.