1. Our electricity is 100% renewable
Generated from sun, wind, water and biogeneration.
*Fuel mix disclosure period April 2020-March 2021. 0g CO2 refers to generator emissions in the operational phase. UK Fuel Mix & carbon intensity data source: BEIS, Fuel Mix Disclosure Data Table. All energy suppliers are required to provide information on their fuel mix. To check another supplier’s fuel mix, go to their website.
2. Our gas is carbon neutral
10% is renewable biogas, generated from organic matter like food and farm waste here in Britain. All emissions are offset by investing in Gold Standard projects.
3. We’re powering independent, local renewable generation
We source our electricity from our community of over 1700 independent renewable generators. Generators run by real people – climate heroes with inspiring stories about changing the world for the greener.
4. We don’t greenwash
We buy enough 100% renewable electricity over a year directly from renewable generators to cover what you use. And we forecast what customers will use against what our renewable generators will produce to match it in real time as closely as possible. This model actively supports the growth of renewables.
We don’t just buy wholesale energy (which comes from a mix of sources, including fossil fuels), then buy cheap renewable certificates separately. This model, used by lots of suppliers claiming to be green, doesn’t provide meaningful support for renewable energy.
5. Our tariffs have been independently accredited as some of the greenest on the market
We are the only energy supplier whose tariffs are all accredited with the Uswitch Green Tariff Gold Standard. Which? have awarded us their Eco Provider recommendation, and we are their highest green rated supplier. We are the only supplier with Good Housekeeping’s Getting Greener recommendation, and are a recommended Best Buy by Ethical Consumer.
6. We support tens of thousands of people who generate their own electricity
Supporting homes and businesses to use and generate renewable electricity has been at the heart of what we do since the beginning. We’re Britain’s largest voluntary Feed-in Tariff (FiT) administrator, with over 175,000 customers.
We’re also developing a new service to enable more people to get paid for the electricity they send to the grid, now that the FiT scheme has closed.
7. We’re providing the next generation with a platform
Today’s youngest generations will be impacted the most by the climate crisis. So we believe they should have a say in what’s being done to tackle it.
In 2021 we set up our Good Future Board, which is made up of 6 young people aged 13-18, who hold us to account on our promise to protect their future.
In their first year on the board, they’ve attended our AGM, and spoken at events including Conference of Youth, which takes place just before the COP climate crisis conference.
8. We’ve been at the forefront of the renewable industry and driving green energy policy for over 20 years
We’ve always been committed to making it easier to use and generate renewable energy. Some of our achievements include:
- Launching HomeGen, a groundbreaking service that laid the foundations for the government’s Feed-in Tariff.
- Expanding Britain’s first commercial wind farm, building another one and developing eight solar farms.
- Campaigning against policies that make adopting clean energy more difficult, including high VAT on solar panels.
- Producing high-quality research, including our Renewable Nation report. Developed with Energy Systems Catapult, it modelled future energy scenarios to show that net zero can be achieved using renewable energy.
- Standing up for energy market reforms that will support consumers and generators, including calling for more transparency over how green tariffs are sold.
9. We’re investing in making Britain’s transport green
Zap-Map, the leading app for planning and paying for EV charging on the go, is a subsidiary of Good Energy.
10. And our customers love our service
Our team of clean energy specialists are experts in renewables. They help our customers take care of their green energy accounts day in, day out. It’s thanks to their hard work that we’ve achieved an Excellent rating on Trustpilot, and been commended for our customer service by the Renewable Energy Association.