Good Energy School Competition ‘A Message from the Future’ Terms And Conditions
- The Good Energy ‘A Message from the Future’ competition will officially launch on the Good Energy website at 12:00 BST on Monday 13th November 2017 and entries will close on Friday 22nd December at 11:59 BST. Voting will end on Monday 22nd January at 11:59 BST.
- To be in with a chance of winning the competition prize, entrants need to create one of the following pieces of work:
• One video no longer than three minutes
• One image
• One story
Your piece of work must represent your class in the year 2047, telling the current class of 2017 how climate change has had an impact on your local area (e.g. warmer weather and higher sea levels.) The class of 2047 must also suggest things the class of 2017 can do to reduce the effects of climate change - for example:
a. One thing a pupil can do on their own e.g. walk to school instead of driving.
b. One thing a pupil can do with their family e.g. turn off the lights at home.
c. One thing a pupil can do with the community e.g. promote recycling.
The entry can be created in any video, photography or written format. Creativity is very much encouraged.
- Each entrant must be made up of one individual class from year 5 to year 11 in any UK school. Entries are limited to one per entrant.
- The teacher of each participating class enters the competition on behalf of the class.
- Entries must be submitted to the Good Energy ‘A Message from the Future’ competition website page before the entry deadline of Friday 22nd December 2017 at 11:59pm BST.
- All entries will be open to a public vote commencing 12:00 BST on Monday 2nd January and closing on Monday 22nd January 2018 at 11:59 BST. By entering a submission you're consenting for Good Energy to use and publish the name of the school, teacher and class. Good Energy reserves the right not to publish any entries that it feels in its absolute discretion are not in the spirit of the competition.
- The entry with the most public votes wins the competition prize. There will be one winning entrant only from all entries submitted before the competition entry deadline passes. Only one entry per entrant will be accepted. Multiple or third party entries will not be accepted.
- The prize is:
• A coach trip to the Eden Project
• Site entry for up to 35 pupils
• A guided tour for the pupils in groups of 10 with Q&A throughout
• Lunch for all prize winners
• Workshop with Juliet Davenport
• Feature in a short film and press surrounding the prize winners
• Eden Project gift bag
- Good Energy’s decision is final, binding, and represents Good Energy’s decision on all matters related to the competition ‘A Message from the Future.’ No correspondence will be entered into regarding Good Energy’s decision.
- The prize associated with this promotion is non-transferrable and no alternatives will be offered.
- The winning entry and entrant will be announced on the Good Energy competition website page by the end of the week commencing Monday 22nd January 2018.
- The winning entrant will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address stated on entry to the competition by the end of the week commencing Monday 22nd January 2018. This e-mail will ask the winning entrant to respond to Good Energy providing their availability for the trip to Eden Project. The winner will have 30 days to reply to this email, before the prize is passed on to the second runner up.
- The winning entrant may be asked to take part in optional publicity accompanying or resulting from this competition.
- Good Energy assumes no responsibility for obtaining consent for children to take part in this competition. It is the responsibility of corresponding teachers to obtain written consent from the parents or legal guardians of the children wishing to participate in the competition.
- By entering this competition each entrant permits Good Energy to publish their entry on the Good Energy website and to use it for further publicity on any media. Each teacher is responsible for obtaining consent from the parents or legal guardians of class members for such publication and other use of their entries.
- The winning teacher is responsible for obtaining consent from the parents or legal guardians of winning class members to participate in visiting the Eden Project.
The winning teacher is responsible for obtaining consent from the parents or legal guardians of winning class members to feature in any press, imagery, or video, taken on the day by Good Energy or the Eden Project.
- No data of any child participating in this competition will be stored.
- Good Energy reserves the right to hold void, suspend, or cancel the competition at any time where it is reasonable to do so.
- Good Energy accepts no responsibility for entries that are incomplete or not received for any reason or are a duplicate of a previous entry.
- By entering this competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and be bound by the rules here outlined. Entrants will be deemed to have consented to the transfer of their personal data entered to Good Energy for the purpose of the administration of this competition and for any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- All entry instructions form part of the competition rules.
- Good Energy reserves the right to verify all entries and winners and refuse further participation in the competition where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this competition’s entry requirements.
- These terms and conditions and any issues which may arise in connection with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any such issue.
- Promoter: Good Energy LTD, Monkton Reach, Monkton Hill, Chippenham, SN15 1EE.
- Terms and conditions of this promotion are correct as of 13th November 2017.