‘Help us shape the future’ competition Ts&Cs
This competition is run by Good Energy. The prize is a Tesla Powerwall and a year of free 100% renewable electricity. Terms and conditions are as follows:
1. The promoter of this prize draw is Good Energy, Monkton Hill, Monkton Reach, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 1EE. Company Number: 03899612
2. The prize draw is called ‘Help us shape the future’.
3. The prize is a Tesla Powerwall and a year’s supply of free electricity provided by Good Energy, up to a maximum electricity usage of 4,600kWh per winning household (the Prize). The Prize is provided by Good Energy Limited, Monkton Reach, Monkton Hill, Chippenham, Wiltshire SN15 1EE, United Kingdom. Company Number: 03899612 (Good Energy).
4. The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 or over who live at a UK mainland address. Households based in Northern Ireland, the Channels Islands or the Isle of Man cannot take part in this draw as they are not on the National Grid Network. Participating households must also have a single rate credit meter or an Economy 7 meter. Customers with a SMART meter will lose functionality until such time as Good Energy can support SMART meters. The Prize is only valid for domestic Customers with electric meter profiles 1-2.
5. All sections of the online competition survey, hosted on the Good Energy website, must be completed by the applicant in order to be eligible to win the Prize.
6. The prize draw is not open to employees of Good Energy, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
7. The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
8. Only one Prize is available per household address. The Prize is non-exchangeable and is not transferrable between energy suppliers, individuals or households. No cash alternative is offered. A switch away from Good Energy to another energy supplier at any time shall result in cancellation of the Prize.
9. Good Energy only accepts entries submitted by individual entrants using a valid email address. Entries received via automated competition entry services or through bulk third-party submissions will automatically be disqualified from the prize draw.
10. Good Energy accepts no responsibility for entries, lost or delayed for example as a result of a technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
11. Good Energy reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
12. Entrants need the permission of the bill payer to enter the prize draw.
13. The competition will run from 08:00 9th June 2018 to 11.59pm on 14th September 2018. Any entries made after this time will not be included in the prize draw.
14. The winner will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will be performed by a random computer process.
15. The winner will be notified within five days after the draw date by the email address or phone number provided. In the event that a response is not received from the winner within two weeks of the notification, Good Energy reserves the right to select an alternative winner.
16. The winner must choose a start date for the commencement of the electricity supply element of the Prize within 12 months of the Draw Date. The provision of electricity within the prize shall be subject always to Good Energy’s standard terms and conditions for domestic customers which can be found at www.goodenergy.co.uk. If the winner decides to cancel their contract with Good Energy at any point during their contract with all, or any part of, the Prize credit remaining on their account, Good Energy reserves the right to cancel the remaining credit.
17. Good Energy will consider a payment of up to £60.00 should the winning entrant require the payment of Exit Fees from an existing Fixed Term Contract with their current supplier in order to switch to Good Energy but the payment of this remains entirely at Good Energy’s discretion.
18. The Prize will not be honoured if Good Energy is unable to provide a supply of mains electricity to the winner’s property
19. Good Energy has the right to amend or vary the competition at any time without providing notice. The decision of Good Energy in respect of the promotion shall be considered final.
20. Good Energy are required to publish or make available the winners name. Good Energy will do so only to the extent reasonably necessary to comply with such obligations and reserve the right to rely on such legitimate interests as the lawful ground for such publication.
21. The Prize winner may be required to take part in additional publicity activities related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph on the Good Energy websites and any other media, this will be conducted with the prior consent of the winner.
22. By entering the prize draw, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
23. Good Energy may wish to use some of the answers provided to the ‘Help us shape the future’ survey for promotional purposes in an anonymised form. By entering into this prize draw, you agree to let us arrange this.
25. Insofar as is permitted by law, Good Energy, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the Prize except where it is caused by the negligence of Good Energy, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
26. Three of the questions in this survey are for our partner Fully Charged Live, all answers for these questions will be anonymised before being sent to Fully Charged Live and no personal data will be shared.
27. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
Ready to switch?