An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) contains information about a property’s energy use and suggestions on how to make the property more efficient. The EPC tells us heat demand and loss within your house, so we know how much heat you will require and can design a system that is specific to the requirements of your house.

You can find out if your property has an EPC by entering your postcode on the EPC register website.

To meet the requirements for installing an air source heat pump, and to take advantage of the current government grants, an EPC must be dated within the past ten years and accurately reflect the current layout of your home.

In order to apply to the Boiler Upgrade Scheme, you will need to check if your EPC indicates insulation work is required to bring your home up to the standard needed for the BUS voucher. If insulation work is recommended, you’ll need to have this completed and obtain a new EPC before you can apply. Our heating experts will be able to advise you if this is the case for your property.

How do I know if I need to get a new EPC?

You will need a new EPC survey completed if any of the following apply to you:

  • There is no EPC for your home on the EPC register website
  • There is an EPC for your home but it is more than 10 years old
  • Your EPC is less than 10 years old but you have made changes to the layout and/or energy efficiency measures in your home since the EPC was completed
  • Some older EPC certificates do not contain the information we need on space heating and water heating values and therefore need to be updated.

We work with PropCert to ensure you have a quick route to getting an EPC if you need a new one as part of the survey or installation process. If you have any further questions about whether you need an EPC, you can speak with one of our team members who can talk you through the process. Call us on 0333 016 4500 (Mon-Fri 09:00-05:30pm)