Fraud prevention awareness
Good Energy take fraud and crime seriously and want to do what we can to help protect our customers. Our staff are trained to identify fraudulent activity and we have measures in place to protect your data.
As a responsible energy supplier, we are keen for all of our customers to be aware of the potential fraudulent activities that the energy industry is prone to.
The ways in which Good Energy will interact with you:
When a meter reader or a smart meter installer visits your home:
You can verify their identity
• Meter readers or smart meter installers carry visible identification such as a badge
• If you are concerned, do not hesitate to call the number displayed on their identification badge to confirm their identity.
You can request additional security
• You can set a password up (also valid on phone calls) for additional security which our meter operators will confirm with you should they visit your home or when you call us to discuss your account.
When you call us:
We will always verify your identity
• Good Energy need to make sure we're speaking to the authorised account holders so will ask you a couple of security questions. We will not ask for security codes related to bank accounts or other payment cards information as security questions. Account details will only be disclosed with the account holder once their identity has been verified.
When you receive an email from us:
• The email will not ask for your personal details except where previously arranged;
• The email will only be addressed to the account holder or a nominated individual;
• Where appropriate, we will ensure that e-mails contain your reference number and are sent securely.
Ready to switch?