Founded in 2012, Green Unit build highly sustainable modular buildings in their large factory – ready to be installed virtually complete on site to drive down waste, disruption and carbon.
Business co-founder Jonathan had already chosen Good Energy to supply his home. Impressed with our renewable sourcing and service, he took us to the office as well.
Green Unit’s sustainability and environmental focus is very important to their clients, which include large public sector organisations like the Wildlife Trust, UNESCO and the NHS. It forms a key part of their marketing, tendering and client retention strategies – with zero carbon renewable electricity adding a powerful proof point to the mix.
We’re a large consumer of power, so using renewables really reduces our impact. There’s a lot of pressure within the construction industry to cut carbon. We’re very proud to be leading the way.
Jonathan Finnerty, MD and Co-founder of Green Unit
- Green Unit needed an energy supplier that could help them achieve their low carbon targets and live their values.
- As offsite manufacturers they use a lot of power, so needed a competitive price to keep costs down.
- Good Energy powers their two sites with 100% renewable electricity, driving down their carbon footprint.
- We provide dedicated account management and have supported on clean technologies like EV charging.
- Our competitive price for 100% renewable electricity proved lower than many tariffs that included fossil fuels.