The world’s oldest film studio, Ealing Studios, wanted to further their sustainability commitments, by installing some fast EV charge points at their home in West London.
To keep things simple, they used Good Energy’s One Point service, which streamlines EV charging for businesses. We advised them about the most suitable charging solutions for the 3.8 acre site; managed their grant application, and oversaw the installation process with our partner, RAW Charging, to ensure minimal disruption.
We will also operate and maintain the charge points over an initial three year period.
The result is three dual port 22kw charge points, enabling six EVs to charge at once, while remaining within their site’s capacity. The charge points are installed at two locations, and powered with our 100% renewable electricity like the rest of the site – saving Ealing Studios an estimated 600 tonnes of carbon dioxide every year.
We found Good Energy’s advice incredibly valuable in helping us to choose the right charging solution for the studios. We are really pleased with the quality of the charge points and the service we received.
Simon George, Head of Operations and Finance Director, Ealing Studios
- Ealing Studios wanted to further their sustainability commitments by installing EV charge points at two locations – including at a Grade II listed building.
- They were eligible for funding for the charge points, but needed guidance as to how to do this.
- They wanted to take advantage of the lack of activity on site during the 2020 lockdown.
- Good Energy advised and managed the installation of the EV charge points at the two locations.
- We managed their funding application – saving them a total of £2100 on the cost of the charge points.
- We were able to install the charge points during the 2020 lockdown, meaning no disruption to staff or film crews.