Good Energy Bonds I
Good Energy is repaying its first Bond – please see frequently asked questions here:
1. When do I have to reply by if I want to continue my investment?
If you choose to continue with your investment, please read the documentation you received and complete, sign and return you bondholder instruction form to Computershare by no later than 1 March 2018.
2. When do I have to reply by if I want my money back?
If you do not want to continue your investment you do not need to take any action. Your investment will be repaid to you on 29th March 2018 together with all accrued, unpaid interest.
3. What happens when, if I choose to continue, I subsequently want to redeem my bond?
If you want to redeem your Good Energy Bonds I you will need to provide us with at least six months’ notice. The next Repayment Date is 22 November 2019, so if you would like to redeem then, you will need to notify us by 22 May 2019.
To redeem, please send in your notice of redemption which can be found on the reverse of your Bond Certificate to:
Good Energy Group plc
FAO the Company Secretary
4. Who can witness my signature on the Bondholder instruction form?
A neutral third party - someone not related to you and who does not benefit from the document. They must be present when it is signed.
5. I have already submitted my notice of redemption for repayment in November 2018. What happens now?
Unless you contact us to say you wish to revoke your notice of redemption and continue your investment, you will be repaid on 29 March 2018. So, if you are happy that you still want to redeem your bond, you don’t need to do anything further.
6. Can I add more money to my Good Energy Bonds I? If unable to add, do you have any other bonds I can invest in?
As we are only varying the interest rate of your Good Energy Bonds I, the instrument itself remains unchanged and unfortunately you cannot add to your current holding. We will be pleased to add you to our register of interested investors and you will be informed of any future bond or share raises. Please complete the form at the bottom of this page to register.
7. When will I receive my customer bonus payment of 0.25% per annum for each year I have been a Good Energy customer?
You will receive your customer bonus payment when your investment in Good Energy Bonds I is repaid or redeemed.
If you continue with your investment in Good Energy Bonds I, customer bonus interest will continue to accrue at 0.25% per annum for each year you are a customer on 1 January for the relevant year.
We would like to thank you for your support with your investment in Good Energy Bond. With your investment we are delivering on our development strategy.
What your Bond achieved
Good Energy Bonds I have supported the development of 13 solar farms across the UK and over 150MW of renewable projects. In addition to supplying green electricity to UK households these solar farms have made a significant positive impact on the lives of local communities through community benefit funds, educational open days at our sites and wildlife and biodiversity programmes.
Following government policy changes over the last eighteen months, we are now stepping away from the development of energy generation assets as the market has moved in favour of large scale developers.
As the energy market continues to evolve at a rapid rate we are now focusing on growing our core supply business and developing sustainable energy solutions in areas such as storage, electric vehicle networks and green business consultancy to support consumer and business needs in this new environment.
Good Energy Bonds II was launched to support this new strategy and we were overwhelmed by the support and vote of confidence from our customers and investors.
Our new strategy will ensure we continue to power the choice for a greener and cleaner future together and deliver our long-term ambition to help realise a more sustainable energy market for the UK.
Good Energy Bonds I Key Terms & Conditions
A reminder of the terms for Repayment, Redemption request and Interest in the Bond Instrument Deed Poll are as follows:
- Unless you notify Good Energy that you wish to redeem your Good Energy Bond, the Repayment Date will be extended annually.
- Good Energy can elect to repay the Bonds in full at any time.
- Bondholders can redeem their Bond on the Repayment Date by providing at least six months’ notice before the Repayment Date.
- To redeem, please send in your notice of redemption which can be found on the reverse of your Bond Certificate to:
Good Energy Group plc
FAO the Company Secretary
- Customer bonus interest will continue to accrue at 0.25% per annum for each Bond year that you are a customer on 1 January, up to and including the Bond year in which Good Energy Bonds I is repaid or redeemed.
- The final payment will include the amount of the original investment plus any accrued but unpaid interest at that time.
Further information on the terms of repayment, redemption and interest payments can be found by visiting www.goodenergy.co.uk/about-us/our-bonds/bond-disclaimer/ and downloading the Good Energy Bonds Invitation Document.
If you have any questions relating to your Good Energy Bonds please contact us at email@example.com.
Thank you for enabling us to power a cleaner, greener future together.
Interested in becoming a Good Energy bondholder?
If you are interested in becoming a Good Energy bondholder, or in any future fund raises, you can register your interest by completing the below
* indicates mandatory fields
Ready to switch?