Web / App Software Developer
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
We are one of the UKs fastest growing green energy companies supplying 100% renewable electricity and green gas to domestic and business customers. Our sustainable and ethical approach to how we do business, combined with our award winning customer service, gives us high levels of customer and employee engagement.
Our purpose is to provide people with a choice to make a cleaner, greener future together. We do this by providing access to locally sourced renewable energy.We set up and own the UK’s first commercial wind farm and have expanded our energy generation capacity with a portfolio of our own wind and solar farms. The company was founded in 1999, is listed on AIM and now employs over 300 people in the historic market town of Chippenham, Wiltshire.
We’re embarking on an exciting new phase that will transform Good Energy into a digital business that’s at the forefront of technology in the energy sector. To make that happen, we’re forming a new team of digital experts to lead this transformation by building apps, sites and other software that will truly set us apart in the eyes of our customers and do things no-one else can.
As more and more people are getting smart meters in their homes, we’re gearing up to build exciting new tools that bring an unbelievable amount of insight to our customers around the way they generate, store and consume their energy
About the role
We’re looking for a front-end developer to join us at this early stage to help us make a step-change in the digital experience we offer our customers and bring to life Good Energy’s purpose to create a cleaner, greener future.
You will work closely with your colleagues in the team as well as stakeholders from the wider business to build new user interfaces that surprise and delight our customers. Your role will be responsible for the delivery and quality of the coding of these new projects, as well as collaborating with designers and other developers on the functionality, layout and visual design.
We want to make it easier than ever for our customers to move to a smart-enabled home and generate their own energy too, all enabled through digital applications built by this team, making use of the rich data that smart homes can provide us.
Other key responsibilities will include;
- Develop and implement high impact new customer-facing features that are driven through customer data and metrics to ensure initiatives have maximum impact;
- Cross collaborate across the team to ensure initiatives are aligned.
- Provide insight and direction into the digital strategy to drive the digital agenda
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and provide ongoing technical support
- Optimise applications for speed and scalability to ensure applications consistently deliver to our customers;
- Be on top of latest ideas, and initiatives that could enhance our customer experience;
- Collaborate cross functionally with other team members and stakeholders in an Agile / Scrum environment to ensure quality of delivery and overall success of the digital strategy.
Whether you come from a digital design or computer science background, you’re an expert at developing on modern front-end stacks, creating single-page web or mobile apps and delivering these against the strategic plan.
You will have In-depth knowledge and experience of the following:
- AngularJS, BackboneJS or ReactJS
- Code versioning tools (preferably Git)
- Deploying code through continuous integration
- Using asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
- Front-end build tools, such as Grunt and Gulp.js
- Browser rendering behaviour and performance
With excellent planning and organisational skills you will have previously worked in Agile or Scrum environments. A strong collaborator and team player you will be an effective and comfortable communicating with colleagues at all levels within Good Energy.
You don’t have to have a background in renewable energy but you must be motivated by working for a purpose and values led organisation, and have the capability to learn about a complex industry, fast.
Behaviours - Works in a way which role models our values:
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done.
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together.
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our futureholders.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; we are just a two minute walk from Chippenham train station and within easy reach of surrounding towns and communities.
So if you’d like to be part of this multi award winning, innovative and fast growing ethical energy business, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter stating your experience and suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Given the high volume of applications we have received in recent campaigns we recommend you apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We will close the role sooner than the date specified below if we are able to fill the position.
Closing date: 15th February 2018
Ready to switch?