Team Manager (Customer Performance Leader)
Job Title: Team Manager (Customer Performance Leader), Customer Contact
Reports to: Customer Contact Manager
Contract: Fixed Term - Maternity Cover
One of the biggest things we can all do to tackle climate change is switch to clean power. At Good Energy, we’ve been giving people that choice since 1999. We supply thousands of homes and businesses with 100% renewable electricity, sourced from local, independent generators. And, by working with our customers, generators and investors, we’re achieving our purpose of powering a cleaner, greener future together.
We’re now beginning an exciting new chapter in our story, which will see us explore innovative ways to help more and more homes and businesses use clean, renewable power. To do this, we need talented people to join us. And that’s where you come in. Join us, and become part of a team whose day-to-day work contributes to building a more sustainable world for us all.
What’s the role?
This role will be responsible for the team and business performance within the Customer Contact team. Working as a team player you will motivate and support your team of agents and colleagues in driving the team to achieve ambitious performance levels. During a time of change and preparation for growth this requires an experienced, strong and inspirational leader.
A little more about what you’ll be doing. . .
• Driving a positive and motivated work environment which will be reflected within team engagement scores
• Develop Advisor and Team Coach capability, knowledge and confidence, using dynamic and constructive coaching and feedback, to support delivery of team and business KPIs
• Delivering team 1-2-1s and coaching to support performance improvement
• Supporting development of team members to succeed within the business and build lasting careers
• Call marking for quality purposes ensuring the correct level of service is being delivered by the teams
• Managing the day to day workload of the team and ensuring delivery to achieve and exceed SLAs
• Understanding feedback and being able to deliver this in an honest, clear and positive way using a constant and consistent approach
• Confidence to act quickly tackling concern areas through constructive and objective focused conversations
• Identifying knowledge and performance gaps in both the team and the business and providing clear and impactful solutions
• Communicating messages to the team in a timely manner ensuring understanding and buy in
• Working across the business to identify opportunities and make recommendations to enable Customer Contact to constantly improve its delivery to customers.
This role requires a positive, self-motivated, driven, people person who is passionate about delivering exceptional customer service.
You will have significant experience supporting and developing teams within a service driven environment and delivering on stretch KPI targets that support organic business growth. Commercially aware you will be capable of data driven decisions that positively impact both the teams and our customers.
You will have excellent stakeholder skills and be confident in quickly forming effective working relationships across a diverse organisation helping to positively promote the Contact Centre.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
You must have…
• Experience working in a leadership role
• Performance management and planning experience
• Strategical and analytical thinker who can interpret data and translate to any audience
• Ability to positively lead a team through organisational change
• Strong communicator who can successfully deliver messages and information to any group size at all levels of the organisation
• Clear understanding of different learning styles and coaching techniques
• A proven ability to impact performance through effective coaching
• Good understanding of HR processes and demonstrable experience in following these
It would be a bonus if you…
• Experience process improvement, mapping and documenting
• Recruitment experience
• Knowledge in the Energy Industry and Good Energy
Works in a way which role models our purpose & values:
Our Purpose: ‘Powering the choice of cleaner greener future, together’
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our futureholders.
We also have some amazing benefits that we offer our people, including:
• Bonus at all levels
• Pension matched up to 7.5%
• 5 weeks annual leave with option to buy more
• Flexible working practices across many roles
Along with many more benefits
Please send over a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to apply.
Where to find us
Good Energy is based in Chippenham, Wiltshire. We’ve been here since the very beginning, and are busy planning a new state-of-the-art headquarters to call our future home. We’re just a two-minute walk away from the train station, with fast connections to Bristol, Swindon and the surrounding area.
By applying for a job at Good Energy, you agree that we’ll process your details for the purpose of applying for this vacancy. We’ll have access to your personal information from your application and other materials you submit in support of your application. We’ll retain your personal information on our own systems to facilitate the administration of the recruitment process and we’ll share your application with the relevant hiring manager. We won’t share your information for marketing purposes or with any third parties without your expressed consent (if we decide to perform a psychometric test we’ll require additional consent for being able to profile your personal information). We’ll retain your information if you’re unsuccessful for 6 months unless requested not to at which point your data will be deleted.
Closing date: 23 April 2019
Ready to switch?