System Test Analyst
System Test Analyst
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
We are one of the UKs fastest growing green energy companies supplying 100% renewable electricity and green gas to domestic and business customers. Our sustainable and ethical approach to how we do business, combined with our award winning customer service, gives us high levels of customer and employee engagement.
Our purpose is to provide people with a choice to make a cleaner, greener future together. We do this by providing access to locally sourced renewable energy. We set up and own the UK’s first commercial wind farm and have expanded our energy generation capacity with a portfolio of our own wind and solar farms. The company was founded in 1999, is listed on AIM and now employs over 300 people in the historic market town of Chippenham, Wiltshire.
About the role
As a System Test Analyst, you will be part of the IT team within Business Transformation. The team is responsible for delivering and supporting IT solutions that help add value to Good Energy’s business.
The core responsibility will be to undertake Analysis, Design and Testing of solutions, as part of the ongoing Business Transformation exercise, and to provide support of existing systems and solutions within Good Energy. Other key duties and accountabilities of the role will include;
- To conduct test analysis to determine business conditions or other scenarios that must be tested.
- To prepare and maintain test plans and test scripts in accordance with test analysis conducted.
- To maintain a high quality and accuracy to software components that are being delivered.
- Work closely with stakeholders to facilitate / create required business or functional documents that scope and allow work to be progressed for small, medium or large scale project requirements.
- Prepare and maintain test plans / test scripts and conduct testing in accordance with specified requirements, known business conditions and/or any other acceptance criteria.
- Support and provide feedback to project and development teams, to ensure work is carried out in accordance with work schedules and quality expectations.
- Provide estimates and feedback to the Project Manager for project control and monitoring purposes.
- Provide status updates to the wider team and hand-over / support to the UAT team.
- Maintain quality and accuracy on the components delivered by yourself or others by participating in quality assurance workshops, meetings or other forums that support deliveries.
- Adhere to support policies, guidelines, development lifecycle and other governances applied within the department.
- Support the project and development teams in any other activities deemed necessary for the department’s need to assist its clients.
- Work with the wider Business to develop an effective test process which encompasses UAT.
You will be a flexible self-starter, capable of working in a small but highly demanding and productive team environment. With a commitment to quality and thoroughness in the approach to testing work, you will have experience of testing software and database applications produced in a Microsoft environment consisting of toolsets such as SQL Server, Visual Studio, VB, C#, Access, NET, PHP, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, TestRail and Jira.
You will have the ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure within an evolving work environment and a high level of IT literacy using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio).
Behaviours - Works in a way which role models our values:
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done.
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together.
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our futureholders.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; we are just a two minute walk from Chippenham train station and within easy reach of surrounding towns and communities.
So if you’d like to be part of this multi award winning, innovative and fast growing ethical energy business, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter stating your experience and suitability for the role to email@example.com.
Given the high volume of applications we have received in recent campaigns we recommend you apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We will close the role sooner than the date specified below if we are able to fill the position.
Closing date: 24th September 2017
Ready to switch?