Strategic Procurement Lead (Legal)
£Competitive (dependent on experience) & excellent benefits
We are one of the UKs fastest growing green energy companies supplying 100% renewable electricity and green gas to domestic and business customers. Our sustainable and ethical approach to how we do business, combined with our award winning customer service, gives us high levels of customer and employee engagement.
Our purpose is to provide people with a choice to make a cleaner, greener future together. We do this by providing access to locally sourced renewable energy.We set up and own the UK’s first commercial wind farm and have expanded our energy generation capacity with a portfolio of our own wind and solar farms. The company was founded in 1999, is listed on AIM and now employs over 300 people in the historic market town of Chippenham, Wiltshire.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Strategic Procurement Lead to join our Legal Affairs Team, reporting to our General Counsel and Company Secretary. Strategic Procurement is a newly established function and is accountable for leading and delivering effective strategic and cross-functional commercial/supply chain procurement.
In this role you’ll work collaboratively with key stakeholders, other internal functions and colleagues across the business, delivering high quality, high impact, practical and pragmatic support for strategic procurement, supplier and contract management to enable Good Energy to meet its commercial and strategic objectives.
- Leading and delivering effective and efficient strategic and/or cross-functional procurement activity;
- Overseeing category, supplier and contract management for strategic and/or cross-functional supplier relationships, including direct management of key relationships;
- Establishing a clear and consistent framework within Good Energy to ensure that budget holders have:
- a common understanding of their accountabilities and responsibilities with respect to effective, sustainable procurement and contract management in their areas;
- access to common suite of tools, processes, practices and procedures to enable them to deliver effective procurement, supplier management and contract management in their areas; and
- the benefit of appropriate training and support to enable them to discharge their responsibilities; and
- Developing, implementing and embedding fit for purpose policies, processes, procedures, tools and reporting to monitor and optimise effectiveness of procurement, supplier and contract management across the organisation.
With previous experience in a similar strategic procurement role, you will be able to demonstrate clear achievements and deliverables and will be looking to develop your career in this area. With Strategic critical evaluation skills, you will be experienced in assessing existing and future relationships against a changing commercial landscape.
Qualified to MCIP’s or CIPS professional level (or equivalent/relevant experience), you will possess a commercial mind-set with sound judgement. You’ll have extensive experience in delivering complex, high profile and important transactions working with senior business leaders. Highly skilled, and a successful and adaptable negotiator, you will also have experience of a broad spectrum of commercial negotiation, including strategic partnerships and affiliations
A background in the UK energy sector is desirable but not essential, however you must be motivated by working for a purpose and values led organisation, with the capability to learn about a complex industry, fast.
We are a challenger in the energy market and this is an energy company like no other. You will work alongside colleagues who put our customers and our values at the heart of everything they do. You’ll be part of a small and friendly team so expect to make new friends and enjoy team activities outside of work. Just like us and our customers you will have an interest and understanding of environmental issues.
Behaviours - Works in a way which role models our values:
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done.
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together.
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our future holders.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; just a short drive off the M4 and a two minute walk from the train station.
If you’d like to be part of a multi award winning, innovative and fast growing ethical energy business, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply please send a covering letter and a copy of your CV to email@example.com.
The closing date for this role is Tuesday 12th December 2017
Ready to switch?