Settlements Performance Manager
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
We are one of the UKs fastest growing green energy companies supplying 100% renewable electricity and green gas to domestic and business customers. Our sustainable and ethical approach to how we do business, combined with our award winning customer service, gives us high levels of customer and employee engagement.
Our purpose is to provide people with a choice to make a cleaner, greener future together. We do this by providing access to locally sourced renewable energy. We set up and own the UK’s first commercial wind farm and have expanded our energy generation capacity with a portfolio of our own wind and solar farms. The company was founded in 1999, is listed on AIM and now employs over 300 people in the historic market town of Chippenham, Wiltshire.
About the role
As the Settlements Performance Manager you will be responsible for ensuring we meet and maintain our settlement performance standards for both our gas and electricity portfolios. Drawing from an in-depth knowledge of the Energy industry and operational experience gained in one or more Energy retailers, a strong analytical approach, coupled with a well-developed “win-win” influencing style, you will be central to driving Good Energy’s electricity and gas settlements performance. You’ll be able to deliver this through your understanding of the framework of the Energy industry, act as our industry expert sharing knowledge, and interpretation of industry codes, provide balanced operational guidance and most importantly working with the teams to drive performance by co-developing options for performance delivery with the Good Energy teams. Other key duties and accountabilities of the role will include;
- Develop and manage action plans to ensure electricity performance targets are met and maintained as defined in the Balancing and Settlement Code.
- Develop and optimise the monthly meter validation performance in readiness for gas industry targets.
- Own and optimise meter read performance to support settlement and accurate billing,
- Working in partnership with the operational teams to deliver an excellent customer experience.
- Engage with external supplier agents to improve settlement performance and ensure adherence to codes.
- Manage relationship and be a key point of contact with Elexon and other key industry bodies to own and address any issues.
- Represent Good Energy on selected industry boards as required.
- Provide timely reports, insight and recommendations on performance against electricity and gas targets to operational teams and senior stakeholders.
- Keep abreast of industry changes and to brief and support the business on any operational impact of proposed changes, in particular in relation to faster switching, mandatory HH settlement and impacts of Smart.
- Manage analytical resource to deliver settlement reporting, analysis, and insight.
You will have an effective management style to develop strong relationships both internally and externally. You will have the ability to share knowledge by using a range of excellent communication and documentation skills suitable for different audiences. You will be able to deliver change through a consultative approach, working with various colleagues across the business. As a strong communicator, you will be comfortable presenting at all levels and be at ease working alongside operational teams, influencing their operational work to deliver win-win outcomes.
To be successful in the above you are likely to be educated to degree level or possess a professional commercial management qualification or relevant work experience. You will be an advanced user in MS Excel and have experience of working within the GB energy market. With a strong delivery focus you will have a track record for successfully managing energy settlement requirements. Work experience within the field of Renewables is desirable for this role.
Behaviours - Works in a way which role models our values:
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done.
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together.
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our futureholders.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; we are just a two minute walk from Chippenham train station and within easy reach of surrounding towns and communities.
So if you’d like to be part of this multi award winning, innovative and fast growing ethical energy business, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter stating your experience and suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Given the high volume of applications we have received in recent campaigns we recommend you apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We will close the role sooner than the date specified below if we are able to fill the position.
Closing date: Sunday 27th August 2017
Ready to switch?