Senior Marketing Strategist (9 - 12 month FTC)
Senior Marketing Strategist (9 - 12 month FTC)
£Competitive (dependent on experience) & excellent benefits
Changing the world is no easy task. But in 1999 that’s exactly what Good Energy set out to do. Its purpose is to enable people, in their homes and their businesses, to play an important role in combatting climate change, by providing households and businesses access to locally sourced 100% renewable energy. Fast forward to today, and the business is now a key player in the renewable energy space, and despite challenging market conditions has continued to grow profitably over the past 5 years.
The business has recently reviewed its longer term strategy and is now poised to take a leap forwards, focused on a transformational growth agenda which delivers long term value for its customers, shareholders and people. This will enable the achievement of its purpose; powering the choice for customers, of a cleaner greener future. Good Energy now employs over 300 people in the historic market town of Chippenham, Wiltshire.
About the role
In this role, as digital gains prominence and focus within marketing at Good Energy throughout 2018, you’ll work with your team to drive forward customer acquisition and retention through a multi-channel approach. You’ll do this through the development and delivery of annual strategic digital plans across all business areas (including domestic customers, businesses and generators). You’ll drive online Digital performance and Marketing strategies and will play a key role in our Digital vision, helping to lead the digital strategy around engaging with new customers.
- Lead and champion marketing throughout the business
- Lead strategies across the business within PPC, display, affiliate, paid social, email and other marketing channels – using strong data-centric values and approach
- Lead a team, driving high performance and output against key set objectives
- Work with the Digital product teams on broader projects
- Work closely with the Senior Planning Manager, Head of Brand & Comms and the Head of Digital to report, analyse and forecast
- Analyse performance of various campaigns, using actionable data to optimise and further grow digital channels
- Report success and failures to senior management
- Ensure all activities are performance-monitored and delivered against a financial plan
- Manage relevant third party relationships
- Lead and own Good Energy’s content strategy
- Own and manage the acquisition trading budget and forecast
- Lead reporting and decision-making on digital activities and campaigns to ensure an optimised media mix
- Monitor and act on competitor activity in order for the business to keep abreast of movement in price, propositions and media of our competitor set
- Work with the wider Digital team to ensure that the on-site and in-app digital experience supports acquisition activity and retention initiatives
We’re a dynamic small team, always aiming to approach challenges in a creative and entrepreneurial fashion. We’re looking for someone who reflects that; thinking creatively of a way to articulate Good Energy’s propositions and improve the customer experience.
You will be a digital marketing professional who has significant experience of leading high performing teams within a B2C industry. With demonstrable experience of having used paid advertising across PPC, Display and Social Media as well as leading email campaigns. You will have experience of building and delivering digital acquisition channels with proven success.
You’ll also have a keen eye for numbers, knowing inside out the KPIs we’re aiming for and understanding the influence you can have on them. With experience of using Google Analytics (or similar tools) for reporting and insight, you will be confident in driving forward the change required.
You will be a strong and effective leader, with a track record of successfully managing a high performing team as well as external agency relationships. You will have the credibility to quickly gain the respect of team members and the ability to influence key stakeholders.
A background in the UK energy sector is desirable but not essential, however you must be motivated by working for a purpose and values led organisation, with the capability to quickly learn about a complex regulated industry.
Behaviours - Works in a way which role models our values:
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done.
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together.
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our future holders.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; just a short drive off the M4 and a two minute walk from the train station.
If you’d like to be part of a multi award winning, innovative and fast growing ethical energy business, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply please send a covering letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for this role is 23rd April 2018.
Ready to switch?