Sales Executive (I&C)
Salary: up to £25,000 + Commission
Changing the world is no easy task. But in 1999 that’s exactly what Good Energy set out to do. Its purpose is to enable people, in their homes and their businesses, to play an important role in combatting climate change, by providing households and businesses access to locally sourced 100% renewable energy. Fast forward to today, and the business is now a key player in the renewable energy space, and despite challenging market conditions has continued to grow profitably over the past 5 years.
The business has recently reviewed its longer term strategy and is now poised to take a leap forwards, focused on a transformational growth agenda which delivers long term value for its customers, shareholders and people. This will enable the achievement of its purpose; powering the choice for customers, of a cleaner greener future. The Good Energy team is currently around 300 people strong and is based in the market town of Chippenham, Wiltshire.
About the role
As an Industrial and Commercial (I&C) Sales Executive, you will be part of the I&C Sales team responsible for delivering Good Energy’s sales strategy to I&C customers. The team is specifically responsible for half hourly (HH) and portfolio contract sales and renewals.
You will be responsible for responding to incoming leads and also identifying, qualifying and closing proactive outbound sales. This is a customer facing role but also requires management of internal resources to ensure targets are met. Oher key duties and accountabilities of role will include;
- Selling our proposition to I&C and portfolio business customers to provide a high quality experience of the Good Energy brand and help maintain high retention rates
- Following up all marketing leads and inbound phone sales enquiries, according to agreed department processes, to maximise sales conversion rates
- Using own initiative to create prospects from companies which match the Good Energy target market
- Producing bespoke pricing for HH and portfolio customers using our pricing and modelling tools
- Developing a high level of knowledge about our products and services and building opportunity pipelines for Good Energy’s products and services within the I&C sector
- Reporting back insights and expectations from customers to further develop our proposition, keeping pace with changes in the industry
- Building and maintaining strong Customer relationships to maximise renewal rates
- Supporting event-based sales activity such as trade shows and exhibitions as required
- Maintaining accurate contact and activity records on our CRM system
- Building key stakeholder relationships with prospective customers to ensure we are meeting the needs of decision makers with whom we can build long-term relationships e.g. Energy Management and Sustainability teams
- Working alongside the Account Management team to deliver a seamless customer experience
- Understanding and cross-selling the wider Good Energy proposition in relation to corporate partnerships and/or development of generation assets
- Working at all times in an industry compliant manner and to Good Energy KPIs
You will be a passionate about achieving individual sales targets and possess demonstrable experience of proactively developing sales opportunities over a period of time. You will take pride in being authentic and follow through on commitments, ensuring you build trust and gain credibility throughout the process.
You will be able to cope under pressure, maintaining high quality and a standard that will achieve high conversation rates. Additionally, you will possess negotiation and influencing skills that will enable you to deliver commercially astute sales results.
Behaviours - Works in a way which role models our values:
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done.
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together.
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our futureholders.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; we are just a two minute walk from Chippenham train station and within easy reach of surrounding towns and communities.
So if you’d like to be part of this multi award winning, innovative and fast growing ethical energy business, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter stating your experience and suitability for the role to email@example.com.
By applying for a job at Good Energy, you agree that we’ll process your details for the purpose of applying for this vacancy. We’ll have access to your personal information from your application and other materials you submit in support of your application. We’ll retain your personal information on our own systems to facilitate the administration of the recruitment process and we’ll share your application with the relevant hiring manager. We won’t share your information for marketing purposes or with any third parties without your expressed consent (if we decide to perform a psychometric test we’ll require additional consent for being able to profile your personal information). We’ll retain your information if you’re unsuccessful for 6 months unless requested not to at which point your data will be deleted.
Closing date: 22nd July 2018
Ready to switch?