Resource Planning Analyst
Salary: £30,000 - £34,000 + excellent benefits
Changing the world is no easy task. But in 1999 that’s exactly what Good Energy set out to do. Its purpose is to enable people, in their homes and their businesses, to play an important role in combatting climate change, by providing households and businesses access to locally sourced 100% renewable energy. Fast forward to today, and the business is now a key player in the renewable energy space, and despite challenging market conditions has continued to grow profitably over the past 5 years.
The business has recently reviewed its longer term strategy and is now poised to take a leap forwards, focused on a transformational growth agenda which delivers long term value for its customers, shareholders and people. This will enable the achievement of its purpose; powering the choice for customers, of a cleaner greener future. The Good Energy team is currently around 300 people strong and is based in the market town of Chippenham, Wiltshire.
About the function and role
Working in close partnership with colleagues across Customer Services, the Marketing & Domestic Customer, and B2B Customer Team’s to deliver on our customer promises; this role will provide the key planning, support, and reporting capability to our Customer Care team, who are predominantly telephony based at present whilst also supporting a growing demand for digital interaction from our customers.
This is a newly created role that will be responsible for developing and delivering our contact centre forecasts and resource plans to ensure robust delivery across all channels. The role will have additional responsibility for intra-day planning, KPI reporting, and the scheduling and alignment of communication briefings across the whole of Customer Services.
- To develop and manage the Forecasting & Planning process for Customer Care. To accurately prepare forecasts, plans and resource schedules that consistently optimise resource availability and efficiency to profitably meet customer demand across all channels. Additionally to effectively monitor drivers of business change & to continuously develop models to improve forecast and plan accuracy
- To constantly monitor and propose effective shift patterns to match business requirements, optimising performance of all customer contact teams and maximising colleague satisfaction by providing flexible options
- To identify opportunities and make recommendations to enable the contact centre to constantly improve its delivery to customers, whilst also reducing the cost-to-serve
- To monitor the need for recruitment/ upskilling and liaise with Recruitment and Training to ensure the optimised delivery of new resources and skills, identifying when recruitment is required
- To develop and manage an effective approach to intra-day management in order to ensure that resources are directed to support the most relevant channel/s on a timely basis to optimise performance
- To deliver effective & accurate Contact Centre planning and performance reports/ dashboards detailing key performance indicators and commentary relating to workforce, team and agent performance in a timely and systemic manner to Customer Service Management and Contact Centre Team Leaders
- To provide a central gateway through which to co-ordinate and control the briefing of communication and policy/ process change across the Customer Services teams to ensure consistent, timely and effective communication across all teams
To succeed in the role, you’ll be self-motivated, driven, structured, and analytical individual who is able to work independently without direct supervision.
With advanced MS Excel skills, you’ll possess demonstrable experience of working within the area of contact centre resource forecasting and planning in a multi-channel environment.
You’ll be able to confidently build forecasting models, planning schedules and scenarios from scratch – outside of a proprietary WFM platform.
In addition, you’ll have excellent stakeholder skills and be confident in quickly forming effective working relationships across a diverse organisation to support the establishing of effective information flows needed to inform your resource planning frameworks and ensure effective communication.
Behaviours - Works in a way which role models our values:
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done.
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together.
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our futureholders.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; we are just a two minute walk from Chippenham train station and within easy reach of surrounding towns and communities.
So if you’d like to be part of this innovative and fast growing ethical energy business, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter stating your experience and suitability for the role to email@example.com.
By applying for a job at Good Energy, you agree that we’ll process your details for the purpose of applying for this vacancy. We’ll have access to your personal information from your application and other materials you submit in support of your application. We’ll retain your personal information on our own systems to facilitate the administration of the recruitment process and we’ll share your application with the relevant hiring manager. We won’t share your information for marketing purposes or with any third parties without your expressed consent (if we decide to perform a psychometric test we’ll require additional consent for being able to profile your personal information). We’ll retain your information if you’re unsuccessful for 6 months unless requested not to at which point your data will be deleted.
Closing date: 19th August 2018
Ready to switch?