Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
Changing the world is no easy task. But in 1999 that’s exactly what Good Energy set out to do. Its purpose is to enable people, in their homes and their businesses, to play an important role in combatting climate change, by providing households and businesses access to locally sourced 100% renewable energy. Fast forward to today, and the business is now a key player in the renewable energy space, and despite challenging market conditions has continued to grow profitably over the past 5 years.
The business has recently reviewed its longer term strategy and is now poised to take a leap forwards, focused on a transformational growth agenda which delivers long term value for its customers, shareholders and people. This will enable the achievement of its purpose; powering the choice for customers, of a cleaner greener future. Good Energy now employs over 300 people in the historic market town of Chippenham, Wiltshire.
About the function and role
The Propositions Team is responsible for owning the overall propositions for our business and domestic customers and leads the delivery of key product/propositional changes whilst retaining oversight of the key initiatives that are required to deliver the financial results such as customer experience improvements, cost to serve reductions, sales delivery etc.
Reporting to the Senior Propositions and Insights Manager, this role is critical to the next stage of our business and growth strategy.
- Ensure that the commercial value of significant new propositions is fully understood and accepted with key stakeholders.
- Develop the pricing strategy and lead pricing change
- Monitor and communicate progress and impact on the overall P&L
- Lead the proposition and new propositions variants in the specification and development of new projects to deliver the rolling route map.
- Be the commercial owner of tariffs for PPA, FiT B2B, SME, Half Hourly and Domestic.
- Commercially lead on Services Propositions ensuring the correct commercials are delivered for all Services product lines.
- Understand and communicate clear business customer segmentation with target segments and associated positioning statement
- Manage and understand the needs of the key channels (broker, direct and partnerships) and identification of potential new channels.
- Formulate the rolling development strategy and the overall development route map and manage this plan on a rolling basis, ensuring that development direction is fully informed by real future customer needs/ expectations.
- Ensure business strategy, dependencies and plan are clearly understood and communicated with key stakeholders.
With previous experience of successfully delivering commercial propositions, you will be a strategic thinker who is able to understand the whole business picture with the ability to work across the department championing change. You will be confident and highly credible to effectively communicate the strategy within the department and wider to key stakeholders within the business.
You will have knowledge of the utilities and renewables industry and will be a proven leader of complex development plans, working closely with peers across other functions to successfully deliver projects.
With previous experience of product and proposition development, you will be able to demonstrate previous successes of developing and maintaining strategic development plans which support the business objectives.
Behaviours - Works in a way which role models our values:
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done.
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together.
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our futureholders.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; we are just a two minute walk from Chippenham train station and within easy reach of surrounding towns and communities.
So if you’d like to be part of this multi award winning, innovative and fast growing ethical energy business, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter stating your experience and suitability for the role to email@example.com.
Given the high volume of applications we have received in recent campaigns we recommend you apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We will close the role sooner than the date specified below if we are able to fill the position.
Closing date: 22nd April 2018
Ready to switch?