Project Development Manager, 12 month FTC
Circa £48-£45K (dependent on experience) & excellent benefits
We are one of the UKs fastest growing green energy companies supplying 100% renewable electricity and green gas to domestic and business customers. Our sustainable and ethical approach to how we do business, combined with our award winning customer service, gives us high levels of customer and employee engagement.
Our purpose is to provide people with a choice to make a cleaner, greener future together. We do this by providing access to locally sourced renewable energy.We set up and own the UK’s first commercial wind farm and have expanded our energy generation capacity with a portfolio of our own wind and solar farms. The company was founded in 1999, is listed on AIM and now employs over 300 people in the historic market town of Chippenham, Wiltshire.
About the role
Good Energy is looking for an experienced Project Development Manager who can manage our existing renewable energy portfolio (onshore wind and solar PV) through the development lifecycle: feasibility, design and planning, financial close, construction and commissioning.
- Complete land agreement negotiations
- Undertake and manage ongoing relationships with multiple stakeholders ensuring excellent service.Ensure community engagement and cascade of relevant information as required
- Manage and deliver pre-construction project permitting and grid connection processes within scheduled timeframes and against plan
- Develop, implement, manage and report on project development programmes and budgets including all activities associated with payments and settlement to key stakeholders within the business ensuring that unforeseen delays are communicated and project updated to ensure delivery is within timescales required
- Tender for, plan and co-ordinate internal and external consultancy resources and contractors in line with Good Energy’s guiding principles
- Negotiate and manage development and operation related contracts, communicating with customers as required, building strong reciprocal relationships
- Overall management of potential project sales process including data room management and being point of contact during due diligence
With considerable experience of managing projects/portfolios of renewable energy projects you will have knowledge of infrastructure project development and the challenges that affect the renewable industry in the UK. With a track-record in the renewable energy sector, you will have experience in wind and solar generation with some exposure to market analysis, financial modelling, legal contracts and project finance including understanding UK legislative policies. You will have a relevant degree or similar and potentially a project management qualification as well.
It would be a distinct advantage if you additionally have experience in the construction, operations, asset and contract management of renewable energy projects. Please note that there will be extensive UK travel and so you will also need to have a full driving licence.
Behaviours - Works in a way which role models our values:
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done.
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together.
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our futureholders.
We are a challenger in the energy market and this is an energy company like no other. You will work alongside colleagues who put our customers and our values at the heart of everything they do. You’ll be part of a small and friendly team so expect to make new friends and enjoy team activities outside of work. Just like us and our customers you will have an interest and understanding of environmental issues.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; just a short drive off the M4 and a two minute walk from the train station.
If you’d like to be part of a multi award winning, innovative and fast growing ethical energy business, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply please send a covering letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for this role is Monday 25th September 2017.
Ready to switch?