Portfolio Settlements & Risk Manager
Salary: competitive (dependent on experience) & excellent benefits
We are one of the UKs fastest growing green energy companies supplying 100% renewable electricity and green gas to domestic and business customers. Our sustainable and ethical approach to how we do business, combined with our award winning customer service, gives us high levels of customer and employee engagement.
Our purpose is to provide people with a choice to make a cleaner, greener future together. We do this by providing access to locally sourced renewable energy.We set up and own the UK’s first commercial wind farm and have expanded our energy generation capacity with a portfolio of our own wind and solar farms. The company was founded in 1999, is listed on AIM and now employs over 300 people in the historic market town of Chippenham, Wiltshire.
About the role
Good Energy operates in the UK energy markets to supply renewable energy to domestic and business customers. In so doing it trades wholesale power and gas, incurs industry charges and uses the electricity and gas networks. Each of these incur costs (or bring in revenue) that need to be checked for accuracy, corrected for data error and reconciled to the internal view of these costs prior to payment. Reporting into our Head of Trading & Portfolio Management, in this role you’ll be responsible for reducing revenue leakage by ensuring payments on all elements of the electricity and gas cost stacks are as accurate as possible. In addition this role involves checking the level of risk, auditing the risk pricing models, and working in conjunction with the Compliance function to provide assurance that Trading are adhering to their risk policy.
- Develop and implement internal processes for accurate settlement of power & gas non-commodity costs and wholesale traded contracts, and to ensure the processes are efficient and fit for purpose.
- Manage validation of invoices before approving them for payment (by the accounts payable team)
- Reconcile invoices to internal view and correct data errors
- Provide oversight and audit of the risk calculation models that value risk in Good Energy’s domestic, business and generation pricing, and communicate with key stakeholders as required
- Provide a check of the risk held by the Trading & Portfolio Management team, and working with the Compliance function, assure that the team is working within its risk policy and mandate.
- Provide regular reporting to internal stakeholders
- Ensure settlement queries and disputes are resolved quickly and effectively, and ensure learnings from disputes are cascaded to reduce future escalation
- Understand contract structures to enable support as required internally and externally
- Measure and report effectiveness of the non-commodity cost settlement activity through avoided costs, data correction and compliance with industry rules to key stakeholders
With a background in the Energy Industry you will have prior experience and knowledge of validation and settlement of industry charges as well as knowledge of the risk related to the operation of an energy supply business. Highly numerate, you will have a good understanding of wholesale contracts and their settlement processes and will be able to balance commercial with control/compliance requirements. Programming or database experience in SQL and VBA would be an advantage.
You don’t have to have a background in renewable energy but you must be motivated by working for a purpose and values led organisation, and have the capability to learn about a complex industry, fast.
We are a challenger in the energy market and this is an energy company like no other. You will work alongside colleagues who put our customers and our values at the heart of everything they do. You’ll be part of a small and friendly team so expect to make new friends and enjoy team activities outside of work. Just like us and our customers you will have an interest and understanding of environmental issues.
Behaviours - Works in a way which role models our values:
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done.
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together.
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our futureholders.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; just a short drive off the M4 and a two minute walk from the train station.
If you’d like to be part of a multi award winning, innovative and fast growing ethical energy business, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply please send a covering letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for this role is Monday 25th September 2017.
Ready to switch?