Planning and Reporting Manager
Planning and Reporting Manager
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
Changing the world is no easy task. But in 1999 that’s exactly what Good Energy set out to do. Its purpose is to enable people, in their homes and their businesses, to play an important role in protecting their world from climate change, by providing households and businesses access to locally sourced 100% renewable energy. Fast forward to today, and the business is now a key player in the renewable energy space, having enjoyed significant customer and revenue growth over the last 5 years.
The key to this success? Is the understanding that significant change can be achieved by individuals and businesses working together to make a difference at scale. “Together” has helped create a high performing team of c300 passionate, skilled and motivated Good Energy people. “Together” has galvanised thousands of consumers, business customers and renewable suppliers.
The business has recently reviewed its longer term strategy and is now poised to make its next leap forwards, focused on an ambitious growth agenda which delivers long term value for its customers, shareholders and people, enabling the achievement of its purpose to combat climate change and create a cleaner greener future for us all.
About the role
The purpose of the finance function is to ensure that the business delivers sustainable profitable performance to enable us to fulfil our purpose and for the benefit of all our stakeholders. In order to achieve this, we are responsible for providing accurate, timely and insightful information to support commercial decision making, to monitor and understand our financial performance and to identify opportunities for us to improve that performance.
The Planning and Reporting Manager will build a number of new processes and look to improve existing processes to reflect and adapt to the organisations changes and growth. Key duties and accountabilities of the role will include;
- Identification and development of capabilities and processes to increase timelines, consistency and accuracy of all levels of management reporting and forecasting, working closely with the Operational Finance team to align P&L and Group / Operational reporting
- Continued exploitation of the financial planning systems, including identifying and introducing new modules such as budgeting and forecasting, projects to best support the needs of the business
- Provide identified value add analytical support, insight and challenge to new group wide projects ensuring stakeholder engagement and alignment and business finance support to corporate function directors
- Line management responsibility for the Assistant Analyst (FP&A)
- Leading the end to end preparation of the Group P&L, Balance sheet and Cash flow budgets and associated three year plans
- Leading the process of regular accurate reforecasts of budgets, proactively liaising with and ensuring alignment with appropriate stakeholders, P&L owners and Business Finance Managers
- Lead developments in the further roll-out and exploitation of the Epicor system and the derivation of appropriate planning and reporting outputs for the Divisional P&L and Group structure as specified from time to time
- Provide business finance support to functional departments and business and financial support to the identification, development, and implementation of cost and revenue opportunities for functions and group wide non-Divisional projects
- Develop analysis and commentary for core Cost to Operate, departmental cost management accounts and KPI reporting
- Line management of a Financial Analyst with responsibility for managing and setting workloads and development
With demonstrable experience in a planning, reporting or FP&A role, you will be able to establish strategic direction and develop strong working relationships with stakeholders across the business.
You will have a good understanding of business drivers with knowledge and experience of working with and modelling changes in these drivers to forecast performance outcomes.
Additionally, you will be able to lead in a customer focussed culture, possess leadership and influencing skills and have a balanced and collegiate manner that engenders trust.
Behaviours - Works in a way which role models our values:
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done.
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together.
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our futureholders.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; we are just a two minute walk from Chippenham train station and within easy reach of surrounding towns and communities.
So if you’d like to be part of this multi award winning, innovative and fast growing ethical energy business, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter stating your experience and suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Given the high volume of applications we have received in recent campaigns we recommend you apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We will close the role sooner than the date specified below if we are able to fill the position.
Closing date: 26th November 2017
Ready to switch?