Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
Changing the world is no easy task. But in 1999 that’s exactly what Good Energy set out to do. Its purpose is to enable people, in their homes and their businesses, to play an important role in protecting their world from climate change, by providing households and businesses access to locally sourced 100% renewable energy. Fast forward to today, and the business is now a key player in the renewable energy space, having enjoyed significant customer and revenue growth over the last 5 years.
The key to this success? Is the understanding that significant change can be achieved by individuals and businesses working together to make a difference at scale. “Together” has helped create a high performing team of c300 passionate, skilled and motivated Good Energy people. “Together” has galvanised thousands of consumers, business customers and renewable suppliers.
The business has recently reviewed its longer term strategy and is now poised to make its next leap forwards, focused on an ambitious growth agenda which delivers long term value for its customers, shareholders and people, enabling the achievement of its purpose to combat climate change and create a cleaner greener future for us all.
About the role
As a Network Engineer, you will be a key part of the IT Infrastructure team within the Transformation department. The team is responsible for delivering and supporting IT solutions that help add value to Good Energy’s business.
The core responsibility will be to support, develop and grow the network, telephony, internet and internet security elements of the company’s infrastructure, develop and provide reporting on KPI’s as well as planning the evolution of the environment to support company growth plans within Good Energy. Key duties and accountabilities of the role will include;
- To support and maintain the, network, telephony, mobile services, and network security elements of the Good Energy IT infrastructure (some experience of server, and VMware would be advantageous )
- To pro-actively provide 3rd, and on occasion 2nd line support for the same
- Create and maintain KPI’s relating to usage and capacity of key network, telephony and internet elements
- Ensure that capacity of the Good Energy IT Network Infrastructure is in line with current and future demand
- Assist with annual budget planning within the scope of the role to ensure that costing for future IT growth is fully and accurately forecast
- Create and maintain all network and telephony infrastructure topology documentation
- Contribute to strategic roadmap planning for the future IT infrastructure evolution within the scope of the role
- Pro-active approach to fault finding, service assurance and ability to perform root cause analysis and accurate follow up on corrective actions to prevent recurrence
- Contribute to the creation of the departmental monthly report
- Work alongside the IT Infrastructure manager to identify and execute cost saving opportunities within the current IT Infrastructure environment
- Support the project, development and application teams in any other activities deemed necessary for the department to deliver to its customers
- Ensure that security of the environment is maintained and that all network and telephony infrastructure is compliant with relevant patch and security levels
- Engage as required in project work to deliver new solutions to the business
- Understanding and awareness of ISO 27001 and regulatory compliance
To succeed in the role you will have proven knowledge and experience in maintaining and operating a complex and varied IT network infrastructure, including use of dynamic routing protocols (BGP, OSPF) and VRF-Lite. You will possess strong skills in networking break fix and a proactive approach to anticipating and mitigating service impacting issues.
In addition, you will be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently or within a team. You will have demonstrable experience of being able to handle multiple tasks under pressure within an evolving work environment whilst being driven to deliver against agreed timescales and agreed acceptance criteria.
With experience in a similar infrastructure role, you will have a high level of IT literacy and experience using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio).
Behaviours - Works in a way which role models our values:
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done.
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together.
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our futureholders.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; we are just a two minute walk from Chippenham train station and within easy reach of surrounding towns and communities.
So if you’d like to be part of this multi award winning, innovative and fast growing ethical energy business, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter stating your experience and suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Given the high volume of applications we have received in recent campaigns we recommend you apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We will close the role sooner than the date specified below if we are able to fill the position.
Closing date: 31st January 2018
Ready to switch?