Metering Services Administrator X 5
Salary: £18,300 + excellent benefits
Changing the world is no easy task. But in 1999 that’s exactly what Good Energy set out to do. Its purpose is to enable people, in their homes and their businesses, to play an important role in combatting climate change, by providing households and businesses access to locally sourced 100% renewable energy. Fast forward to today, and the business is now a key player in the renewable energy space, and despite challenging market conditions has continued to grow profitably over the past 5 years.
The business has recently reviewed its longer term strategy and is now poised to take a leap forwards, focused on a transformational growth agenda which delivers long term value for its customers, shareholders and people. This will enable the achievement of its purpose; powering the choice for customers, of a cleaner greener future. Good Energy now employs over 300 people in the historic market town of Chippenham, Wiltshire.
About the role
You’ll be joining as a permanent member of the Metering Services team. The Metering Services team is responsible for maintaining accurate supply data on Good Energy’s systems and within industry records.
This role will require you to work with both customers and industry third parties to investigate and resolve queries related to faulty meters, meter readings and supply data. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong technical and analytical capability as well as customer service skills. Other key duties and accountabilities of the role will include;
- Engaging with customers by letter, email and telephone to investigate and resolve queries
- Engaging with other energy suppliers and industry third parties by email and telephone to investigate, resolve and escalate queries
- Booking and monitoring meter exchanges and site visits, including rebooking appointments when they fail or additional work is needed
- Carry out end to end processes with minimal hand offs
- Manage daily system exceptions
- Proactively act on information provided to maintain accurate data in our systems and within industry record
- Working closely with colleagues in the Metering Services team and across the wider Customer Service department to reach the best outcome for the Customer
- Adhere to all regulatory and compliance requirements of the energy industry
- Customer focused and committed to delivering excellent service
- Confident and a quick learner; able to get to grips with complex processes quickly
- Self-motivated and independent worker; able to manage own workload, and take ownership of tasks
- Conscientious and responsible; does the right thing and follows through to completion
- Team player; happy to assist wherever necessary
- Great communicator; has the ability to build strong working relationships
Behaviours - Works in a way which role models our values:
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done.
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together.
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our futureholders.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; we are just a two minute walk from Chippenham train station and within easy reach of surrounding towns and communities.
So if you’d like to be part of this multi award winning, innovative and fast growing ethical energy business, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter stating your experience and suitability for the role to email@example.com.
By applying for a job at Good Energy, you agree that we’ll process your details for the purpose of applying for this vacancy. We’ll have access to your personal information from your application and other materials you submit in support of your application. We’ll retain your personal information on our own systems to facilitate the administration of the recruitment process and we’ll share your application with the relevant hiring manager. We won’t share your information for marketing purposes or with any third parties without your expressed consent (if we decide to perform a psychometric test we’ll require additional consent for being able to profile your personal information). We’ll retain your information if you’re unsuccessful for 6 months unless requested not to at which point your data will be deleted.
Closing date: 18th November 2018
Ready to switch?