Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
Changing the world is no easy task. But in 1999 that’s exactly what Good Energy set out to do. Its purpose is to enable people; in their homes and their businesses to play an important role in protecting their world from climate change, by providing access to locally sourced renewable energy. Fast forward 18 years and the business is now a key player in the renewable energy space, helping shape national debate & policy and enjoying hard earned business success, with strong revenue growth over the last 5 years.
The key to this success is the understanding that significant change can be achieved by individuals and businesses working together to make a difference at scale. “Together” has helped create a high performing team of c275 passionate, skilled and motivated colleagues. “Together” has galvanised thousands of consumers, business customers and renewable suppliers.
The business has recently reviewed its longer term strategy and is now poised to make its next leap forwards, focused on an ambitious growth agenda which delivers long term value for its customers, shareholders and people, enabling the achievement of its purpose to combat climate change.
About the role
The role will focus on leading and taking ownership for all aspects of the integration efforts, while working with a team of functional experts across the company. Key duties and accountabilities of the role will include;
- Development of business plans which translate the strategy into operations and outcomes
- Lead a development team comprised of Integration Developers on complex implementations supporting high performance and engagement over the longer term.
- The anticipation and management of risks in relation to functional and broader GE business
- The effective setting and management of resources and budgets.
- Effective internal and external communication and collaboration with all stakeholder groups
- Build out and continuously improve integration capabilities by identifying and developing process improvements, best practices and tools to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the team and improve the quality integration efforts.
- Develop a comprehensive project plan which includes all workstream and functional team tasks to achieve the success metrics
- Responsible for the implementation guidelines for common integration patterns to be implemented by the team
- End to end integration flows using a DevOps operating model
- Responsible for technical standards, integration principles, patterns, policies and standards
- Build out and continuously improve capabilities by identifying and developing process improvements, best practices and tools to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the team and improve the quality integration efforts
- Assist in capturing customer requirements and integration reporting development as needed
- Design, develop, code, test, troubleshoot and debug complex integration solutions for client implementations both on-premise with BizTalk server and Azure cloud.
- Design and develop integrations required for interfaces, conversions or operational reporting
- Manage time effectively; communicate status accurately to scrum and project managers
- Project manage both strategic/broad program integration opportunities and tactical/process integration opportunities. Assist in prioritisation, organisation and timely delivery of key deliverables and support and facilitate concepts of operations, including operating rhythms, budget, integrated calendar, and communications
You will be a proven and experienced cross-functional leader with a background of coaching and developing teams. You will have set out a clear strategy and plan, allowing individuals to be accountable for delivery and owning this.
Having worked collaboratively across the business, you will be strategic, analytical and possess strong problem solving skills. In addition, you will have an understanding and experience of SOAP, REST, WSDL, XML, C# and .Net.
Proven experience in technical development of integration solutions using Microsoft BizTalk and Azure will be an essential part of this role.
Behaviours - Works in a way which role models our values:
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done.
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together.
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our futureholders.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; we are just a two minute walk from Chippenham train station and within easy reach of surrounding towns and communities.
So if you’d like to be part of this multi award winning, innovative and fast growing ethical energy business, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter stating your experience and suitability for the role to email@example.com.
By applying for a job at Good Energy, you agree that we’ll process your details for the purpose of applying for this vacancy. We’ll have access to your personal information from your application and other materials you submit in support of your application. We’ll retain your personal information on our own systems to facilitate the administration of the recruitment process and we’ll share your application with the relevant hiring manager. We won’t share your information for marketing purposes or with any third parties without your expressed consent (if we decide to perform a psychometric test we’ll require additional consent for being able to profile your personal information). We’ll retain your information if you’re unsuccessful for 6 months unless requested not to at which point your data will be deleted.
Closing date: Wednesday 22nd August 2018
Ready to switch?