Impact Lead, Customer Services (6 month FTC)
Salary: Competitive (dependent on experience) & excellent benefits
Changing the world is no easy task. But in 1999 that’s exactly what Good Energy set out to do. Its purpose is to enable people, in their homes and their businesses, to play an important role in combatting climate change, by providing households and businesses access to locally sourced 100% renewable energy. Fast forward to today, and the business is now a key player in the renewable energy space, and despite challenging market conditions has continued to grow profitably over the past 5 years.
The business has recently reviewed its longer term strategy and is now poised to take a leap forwards, focused on a transformational growth agenda which delivers long term value for its customers, shareholders and people. This will enable the achievement of its purpose; powering the choice for customers, of a cleaner greener future. Good Energy now employs around 300 people in the historic market town of Chippenham, Wiltshire.
About the role
This role will be accountable for leading our Impact (Customer Transformation) team and managing the portfolio of improvement and transformation delivery across all customer services teams. Working in close partnership with senior operational colleagues across customer services and the wider business, you will develop and own the transformation strategy and plans for customer services, and have responsibility for ensuring that targeted benefits are delivered and sustained. In addition you will be responsible for ensuring the operational readiness of technology roll out into Customer Services; partnering with the teams in IT and Digital to ensure successful implementation.
- To lead, manage, and mentor, the Customer Services Transformation (Impact) team. Ensuring that team members are supported in all aspects of project delivery and additionally in their transformation skills development
- Accountability for transformation and improvement across all of customer services that will deliver significant levels of customer and business benefits
- Responsibility for operational readiness of new technology and major updates into Customer Services
- Ensure that improvement opportunities are systemically identified and scoped to enable improvements and associated benefits to be realised. This is likely to be through the use of structured process improvement approaches to deliver step-change improvements to our customer journey(s), reduce cost-to-serve, and also to drive additional revenue / income into the business
- To be the methodology lead and expert in structured operational improvement techniques and provide thought leadership across the business. Define, develop and embed a culture and practice of customer and operational excellence across GE customer services
- To manage the embedding and sustaining of change – ensuring improvements are operationally ready, customer driven, and take account of business strategies and compliance/ regulatory requirements.
You will be a transformation professional who has significant experience of managing and delivering portfolios of technical and operational improvement and change within service organisations. Your experience will preferably come from within the energy industry. You will have demonstrable experience of successfully leading transformation and process improvement within an operational environment.
You will be a strong and effective team-orientated leader, with a track record of successfully managing resources at all levels within a project and transformation environment. You will have the credibility to quickly gain the respect of team members who themselves are experts in their chosen field.
You will be an excellent communicator, influencer, and facilitator. You will have used these skills to confidently and quickly form effective working relationships at all levels of the organisation to create, gain support for, and drive delivery of an operational transformation and improvement agenda that realises significant business value and constantly challenges the business to improve.
A background in the UK energy sector is desirable but not essential, however you must be motivated by working for a purpose and values led organisation, with the capability to quickly learn about a complex regulated industry.
Practical experience of six sigma and lean process improvement is desirable.
Works in a way which role models our values:
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done.
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together.
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our future holders.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; just a short drive off the M4 and a two minute walk from the train station.
If you’d like to be part of a multi award winning, innovative and fast growing ethical energy business, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply please send a covering letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By applying for a job at Good Energy, you agree that we’ll process your details for the purpose of applying for this vacancy. We’ll have access to your personal information from your application and other materials you submit in support of your application. We’ll retain your personal information on our own systems to facilitate the administration of the recruitment process and we’ll share your application with the relevant hiring manager. We won’t share your information for marketing purposes or with any third parties without your expressed consent (if we decide to perform a psychometric test we’ll require additional consent for being able to profile your personal information). We’ll retain your information if you’re unsuccessful for 6 months unless requested not to at which point your data will be deleted.
The closing date for this role is 18th November 2018
Ready to switch?