Head of Customer Services Transformation (9 - 12 month FTC)
Salary: competitive (dependent on experience) & excellent benefits
Changing the world is no easy task. But in 1999 that’s exactly what Good Energy set out to do. Its purpose is to enable people, in their homes and their businesses, to play an important role in combatting climate change, by providing households and businesses access to locally sourced 100% renewable energy. Fast forward to today, and the business is now a key player in the renewable energy space, and despite challenging market conditions has continued to grow profitably over the past 5 years.
The business has recently reviewed its longer term strategy and is now poised to take a leap forwards, focused on a transformational growth agenda which delivers long term value for its customers, shareholders and people. This will enable the achievement of its purpose; powering the choice for customers, of a cleaner greener future. Good Energy now employs over 300 people in the historic market town of Chippenham, Wiltshire.
About the role
This is a newly created role that will be accountable for improvement and transformation delivery across all customer services teams. Working in close partnership with senior operational colleagues across customer services and the wider business, you will develop and own the transformation strategy and plans for customer services, and have responsibility for ensuring that targeted benefits are delivered and sustained.
- Accountability for transformation and improvement across all of customer services that will deliver significant levels of customer and business benefits
- Ensure that improvement opportunities are systemically identified and scoped to enable improvements and associated benefits to be realised. This is likely to be through the use of structured process improvement approaches to reduce cost-to-serve and drive additional revenue / income into the business
- Ensure that there are sufficient levels of trained resources available to lead and deliver improvement initiatives to deliver tangible and measurable business benefit
- To be the methodology lead and expert in structured operational improvement techniques and provide thought leadership across the business. Define, develop and embed a culture and practice of customer and operational excellence across GE customer services
- Responsibility for ensuring the appropriate training is delivered across customer services. Manage the CS Trainers to design, deliver, and implement the training strategy and training plan that support the delivery of the Customer Service Teams operational, customer, and strategic objectives
- To be accountable for the operational systems roadmap for customer services and have overall ownership to ensure the successful design and delivery of all systems/ systems change across customer services
- To manage the embedding and sustaining of change – ensuring improvements are operationally ready, customer driven, and take account of business strategies and compliance/ regulatory requirements
- To manage, mentor and develop the skills of the customer services Transformation team
You will be a transformation professional who has significant experience of delivering operational improvement and change within service organisations and preferably energy utilities. You are likely to be qualified to Six Sigma Black Belt level and/ or have strong practical expertise and experience of using the Lean methodology. You will have demonstrable experience of successfully leading process improvement teams within a contact centre or back office environment.
You will be a strong and effective leader, with a track record of successfully managing resources at all levels within a project and transformation environment. You will have the credibility to quickly gain the respect of team members who themselves are experts in their chosen field.
You will be an excellent communicator, influencer, and facilitator. You will have used these skills to confidently and quickly form effective working relationships at all levels of the organisation to create, gain support for, and drive delivery of an operational transformation and improvement agenda that realises significant business value and constantly challenges the business to improve.
A background in the UK energy sector is desirable but not essential, however you must be motivated by working for a purpose and values led organisation, with the capability to quickly learn about a complex regulated industry.
Behaviours - Works in a way which role models our values:
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done.
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together.
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our future holders.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; just a short drive off the M4 and a two minute walk from the train station.
If you’d like to be part of a multi award winning, innovative and fast growing ethical energy business, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply please send a covering letter and a copy of your CV to email@example.com.
The closing date for this role is Wednesday 28th March 2018.
Ready to switch?