Head of Customer Contact
Salary: competitive (dependent on experience) & excellent benefits
As Head of Customer Contact you will lead the delivery of our Customer Contact teams ensuring this reflects our unique purpose and our values. Working in close partnership with colleagues across Customer Services, the Marketing & Domestic Customer and B2B Customer Teams you will ensure we are delivering on our customer promises. You will drive the development of our sales through service capability to maximize our growth opportunities and give customers easier access to our propositions and services.
You’ll have overall accountability for the performance and results of the Customer Contact function, including Customer Care and Complaints, ensuring we are delivering a first class service to our valued customers.
About the role
As Head of Customer Contact you will lead the delivery of our Front Office Customer Contact teams ensuring optimum performance and a service that reflects our unique purpose and our values. Working in close partnership with colleagues across Customer Services, the Marketing & Domestic Customer and B2B Customer Teams you will ensure we consistently deliver on our customer promises. You will drive the development of our sales through service capability to maximize our growth opportunities and give customers easier access to our propositions and services.
You’ll have overall accountability for the performance and results of the Customer Contact teams, including Customer Care and Complaints, ensuring we are delivering a first class service to our valued customers.
- Leadership of the Customer Contact function in a way which drives sustained high performance for customers and maximises efficiency for the business, as measured against agreed KPIs
- Effective leadership and direct line management of the Team Leaders within Customer Contact to enable them to each drive their team’s performance. Achieved through strong communications, transparent objective setting, performance feedback, effective coaching, and identification of training needs
- To work in close partnership with the Customer Service Transformation Team to build a culture of continuous service improvement, and to ensure effective process design and ways of working
- To manage a small and developing resource planning function and to ensure that customer contact has a robust, accurate and effective framework for resource forecasting, planning and scheduling
- To develop and deliver a sales through service capability, aligned to our customer promises, to meet agreed KPI’s and drive growth
- Work within the agreed regulatory and governance frameworks. Develop policies and practices for the function, working cross-functionally to ensure buy in and alignment with overall Good Energy strategies and plans
- Ensure appropriate risk management and compliance frameworks are in place, ensuring these are balanced with customer outcomes and needs, as our priority
- Develop and deliver annual plans and KPI’s for the Customer Contact function that contributes to the development of overall strategy for Customer Services
- Have overall accountability for complaints and expressions of dissatisfaction, ensuring a fair and appropriate resolution for customers, which is achieved at the lowest point of escalation
With previous experience in a Customer Service Management role, you will be able to demonstrate a track record of clear achievement and successful delivery. You will have proven people leadership skills, which will have most likely been gained within a contact centre environment and you are now looking to further develop your career.
You will be highly customer focused and commercial, you’ll have experience of delivering excellent levels of operational performance, transformation programmes, driving change, customer satisfaction and retention, and you will thrive on driving and embedding process and cultural change. You will be able to articulate and demonstrate what great service looks and feels like for inbound customer contact, digital, and self-service, as well as sales through service.
As a positive and engaging high-energy leader you will have previously built high-performance teams and will have the influencing skills to forge strong working relationships across a number of functional and virtual teams. Highly analytical, insightful and comfortable with data, you will be naturally inquisitive and be able to use these skills to constantly challenge and improve business performance.
A background in the UK energy sector is desirable but not essential, however you must be motivated by working for a purpose and values led organisation, with the capability to quickly learn about a complex regulated industry.
Behaviours - Works in a way which role models our values:
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done.
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together.
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our future holders.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; just a short drive off the M4 and a two minute walk from the train station.
If you’d like to be part of a multi award winning, innovative and fast growing ethical energy business, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply please send a covering letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for this role is 23rd April 2018.
Ready to switch?