£Competitive (dependent on experience) & excellent benefits
Changing the world is no easy task. But in 1999 that’s exactly what Good Energy set out to do. Its purpose is to enable people, in their homes and their businesses, to play an important role in combatting climate change, by providing households and businesses access to locally sourced 100% renewable energy. Fast forward to today, and the business is now a key player in the renewable energy space, and despite challenging market conditions has continued to grow profitably over the past 5 years.
The business has recently reviewed its longer term strategy and is now poised to take a leap forwards, focused on a transformational growth agenda which delivers long term value for its customers, shareholders and people. This will enable the achievement of its purpose; powering the choice for customers, of a cleaner greener future. Good Energy now employs around 300 people in the historic market town of Chippenham, Wiltshire.
About the role
As Financial Controller, you will lead the delivery of excellent and accurate financial reporting, financial control and financial accounting through coaching and leading a small central team, together with effective leadership of key processes and systems.
You will work closely and collaboratively with the Business Finance and Investor Relations managers in the ensuring accurate and timely delivery of cross discipline deliverables including internal performance management reporting and the production and presentation of financial and other information for investors.
- Set strategy and direction of the team in collaboration with overall financial strategy and GE strategy
- Control of, and responsibility for, Good Energy’s financial transactions and the month end close of company and group level P&Ls, Balance sheets and Cash. Ensure timely and accurate delivery.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the financial integrity over Order to Cash, Record to Report and Purchase to Pay cycles including delivery of specific ongoing analysis and process review over revenue assurance, customer debt & working capital and aged debt provisioning. Provide insights to stakeholders across the business and recommendations
- Daily cash flow management and forecasting.
- Medium term working capital and cash flow forecasting / scenario planning to support strategic financing decisions.
- Preparation of year end group and company statutory accounts. Build and manage the relationship with our external accountants/auditors/tax advisors
- Preparation for, and submission of, quarterly VAT return, ensuring this is timely and accurate
- Preparation of quarterly (or otherwise required) covenant reporting, provide insights and recommendations as required to the stakeholders
- Build and maintain strong and mutually beneficial relationships with key service providers, including banks and other loan or asset finance providers
- Ownership of Finance software/systems. Ensure they are fit for purpose and identify where they can be developed and utilised further.
A qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA or equivalent) you will have considerable experience of successfully leading and managing finance teams and driving high performance. Technically sound with a strategic and commercial mindset and the ability to identify and deliver on critical business priorities and not to get encumbered with day to day operational tasks.
With a collaborative approach, you will have demonstrable experience of building trusted relationships quickly with the ability to communicate clearly and simplify complex financial information to different types of stakeholders.
Previous experience of the financial reporting requirements required for a FTSE or AIM listed business would be a distinct advantage.
You don’t have to have a background in renewable energy but you must be motivated by working for a purpose and values led organisation, and have the capability to learn about a complex industry, fast.
Behaviours - Works in a way which role models our values:
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done.
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together.
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our future holders.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; just a short drive off the M4 and a two minute walk from the train station.
If you’d like to be part of a multi award winning, innovative and fast growing ethical energy business, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply please send a covering letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By applying for a job at Good Energy, you agree that we’ll process your details for the purpose of applying for this vacancy. We’ll have access to your personal information from your application and other materials you submit in support of your application. We’ll retain your personal information on our own systems to facilitate the administration of the recruitment process and we’ll share your application with the relevant hiring manager. We won’t share your information for marketing purposes or with any third parties without your expressed consent (if we decide to perform a psychometric test we’ll require additional consent for being able to profile your personal information). We’ll retain your information if you’re unsuccessful for 6 months unless requested not to at which point your data will be deleted.
The closing date for this role is Wednesday 25th July 2018
Ready to switch?