Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
Changing the world is no easy task. But in 1999 that’s exactly what Good Energy set out to do. Its purpose is to enable people, in their homes and their businesses, to play an important role in combatting climate change, by providing households and businesses access to locally sourced 100% renewable energy. Fast forward to today, and the business is now a key player in the renewable energy space, and despite challenging market conditions has continued to grow profitably over the past 5 years.
The business has recently reviewed its longer term strategy and is now poised to take a leap forwards, focused on a transformational growth agenda which delivers long term value for its customers, shareholders and people. This will enable the achievement of its purpose; powering the choice for customers, of a cleaner greener future. The Good Energy team is currently around 300 people strong and is based in the market town of Chippenham, Wiltshire.
About the function and role
The facilities department has just a few members of staff to support staff spread across multiple buildings.
The FM Coordinator will support the facilities department in providing cross site coverage at one location and will be manage office related requirements / concerns raised to or identified by the facilities department. Works alongside the Facilities Manager to maintain accreditation requirement for office related documents. Act as the point of contact for all facility related queries and is able to act promptly and within guidelines in emergency situations.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide FM coordination and support to the front of house role based on reception.
- Provide H&S support by effectively managing and maintaining communication with FM contractor
- Complete employee H&S inductions.
- Help to maintain ISO: 14001 accreditation by managing, collecting and coordinating office documentation. Escalate concerns around accreditation breaches as needed.
- Manage office first aiders and fire marshals to ensure fire and medical emergencies can be safely managed. Ensure appropriate training is arranged and completed with designated first aiders and fire marshals.
- Act as a “Senior Persons” in the event of a fire or medical emergency and ensure exit strategy is acted upon as per protocol.
- Coordinate and maintain accurate office floor plans with other FM staff members.
- Undertake subcontractor “setting to work” briefs in the absence of the Facilities Manager.
- Undertake internal and external building checks to maintain good “housekeeping” standards, escalating any concerns as required.
- Undertake cleaning audits with our cleaning contractor, in order to maximize cleaning standards, and appropriately communicating where there are concerns.
- Manage DSE assessments for new starters and undertake Expectant Mother Risk Assessments when required.
- Manage site keys and ID cards being used by staff, contractors and visitors on a regular basis.
- Ensure that planned and reactive building maintenance is being completed and upheld within agreed timelines.
With previous Facilities Management or Health and Safety experience you will be extremely well organised and capable of multi-tasking and prioritising in a busy reception environment. You will have excellent communication skills both verbal and written with great attention to detail. It would also be an advantage if you have a Health and Safety qualification.
Additionally, you will have demonstrable experience of updating databases and have a strong background in customer service.
You don’t have to have a background in renewable energy but you must be motivated by working for a purpose and values led organisation, and have the capability to learn about a complex industry, fast.
Behaviours - Works in a way which role models our values:
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done.
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together.
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our futureholders.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; we are just a two minute walk from Chippenham train station and within easy reach of surrounding towns and communities.
So if you’d like to be part of this innovative and fast growing ethical energy business, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter stating your experience and suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By applying for a job at Good Energy, you agree that we’ll process your details for the purpose of applying for this vacancy. We’ll have access to your personal information from your application and other materials you submit in support of your application. We’ll retain your personal information on our own systems to facilitate the administration of the recruitment process and we’ll share your application with the relevant hiring manager. We won’t share your information for marketing purposes or with any third parties without your expressed consent (if we decide to perform a psychometric test we’ll require additional consent for being able to profile your personal information). We’ll retain your information if you’re unsuccessful for 6 months unless requested not to at which point your data will be deleted.
Closing date: 28th May 2018
Ready to switch?