Digital Acquisition Manager
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 + excellent benefits
We are one of the UKs fastest growing green energy companies supplying 100% renewable electricity and green gas to domestic and business customers. Our sustainable and ethical approach to how we do business, combined with our award winning customer service, gives us high levels of customer and employee engagement.
We set up and own the UK’s first commercial wind farm and have expanded our energy generation capacity with a portfolio of our own wind and solar farms. The company was founded in 1999, is listed on AIM and now employs over 300 people in the historic market town of Chippenham, Wiltshire.
About the role
As Digital Acquisition Manager within the Digital, Marketing & Brand function you will be responsible for driving the growth of profitable online new customer acquisition. You will do this through the development and delivery of annual strategic digital plans across all business areas (including domestic customers, businesses and generators). With one direct report, you’ll drive online Digital performance and Marketing strategies and will play a key role in our Digital vision, helping to lead the digital strategy around engaging with new customers.
The digital channel currently drives 40% of customer acquisition, the ambition is to increase this to 60%. The Digital Acquisition Manager will be the driving force behind this step change, using their experience to sell the Good Energy proposition to new audiences in order to deliver both B2C and B2B growth targets.
Other key duties and accountabilities of the role will include;
- To champion Digital Marketing throughout the business.
- To lead strategies across the business within PPC, display, Affiliate, Paid social and other marketing channels – using strong data-centric values and approach
- Management of 3rd part relationships ensuring customer, CPA, CRO and LTV targets are met.
- Setting and leading on the content strategy
- To work closely with the Senior Planning Manager to report, analyse and forecast
- To analyse performance of various campaigns, using actionable data to optimise and further grow digital channels
- To effectively report, success and failures to senior management
- To own and manage the digital acquisition trading budget and forecast
- To lead reporting and decision making on digital activities and campaigns to ensure an optimised media mix
- To monitor and act on competitor activity in order for the business to keep abreast of movement in price, propositions and media of our competitor set
- To work with Optimisation and Development teams to ensure onsite experience supports acquisition activity
- To keep abreast with latest digital trends to ensure Good Energy is at the digital cutting edge
With a background in Digital Marketing in a B2C industry, you’ll have experience of building and delivering digital acquisition channels as well as demonstrable evidence of working across PPC, display and social media. You’ll have previous experience of using affiliate networks as well as using Google Analytics or similar for reporting and insight.
Experienced in managing agency relationships you’ll have great interpersonal skills at all levels and will either have experience of managing people or at least coaching and leading people on digital marketing projects. With previous budget management experience, you will have a proactive approach, highly analytical and commercial in nature with an understanding or pricing, margins, cost per acquisition, cost to service and lifetime value.
Previous experience in B2B Marketing would also be beneficial.
You don’t have to have a background in renewable energy but you must be motivated by working for a purpose and values led organisation, and have the capability to learn about a complex industry, fast.
Behaviours - Works in a way which role models our values:
Straightforward - We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done.
Determined - We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
Inclusive - We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together
Fair - In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our futureholders.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; just a short drive off the M4 and a two minute walk from the train station.
If you’d like to be part of a multi award winning, innovative and fast growing ethical energy business, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter stating your experience and suitability for the role to email@example.com.
Closing date: Wednesday 23rd August 2017
Ready to switch?