Salary: £39,000 - £43,000 + Excellent Benefits
We are one of the UKs fastest growing and dynamic green energy companies selling gas and electricity to domestic and business customers. We own and operate our own wind and solar farms including the UK’s first commercial wind farm. The company was founded in 1999 with just ten people and now employs over 300 people in the historic market town of Chippenham. We pride ourselves in delighting our customers which is the reason we have won so many awards for our customer service.
The core responsibility will be to provide database administration, data migration and database support work in respect of numerous projects and business as usual tasks within the Good Energy Transformation department supporting the delivery of systems and solutions within the organisation.
The role will require a highly skilled, numerate and flexible self-starter, capable of taking on responsibilities whilst working in a small but highly demanding and productive team environment, working closely with both the projects and applications support teams to deliver robust solutions.
Reporting into the Applications Manager you will develop database strategies for existing and new solutions and through this support the analysis of others, plan, control and maintain database security, backups, recovery and availability. You will also provide on-going monitoring; control and tuning to maintain effective performance of databases in all live and test environments.
To join us you’ll need;
- Experience within a similar DBA role
- Strong documentation skills
- Excellent SQL Server Database Skills in both design, troubleshooting maintenance, migration and deployment
- Ability to technically mentor other team members
- Ability to communicate in a friendly and supportive manner to colleagues of all technical levels
We are a challenger in the energy market and this is an energy company like no other. You will work alongside colleagues who put our customers and our values at the heart of everything they do. Just like us and our customers you will have an interest and understanding of environmental issues. The ideal candidate will have a strong IT background and experience of working in a regulated environment would be beneficial.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; we are just a two minute walk from Chippenham train station and within easy reach of surrounding towns and communities.
Leads in a way which role models the values and supporting behaviours:
PIONEER – Anything is possible; challenge the status quo.
- Being curious: asking ‘why’?, looking for new ways of doing things
- Adapting, what already exists to make it better
- Always learning: from other organisations, partners and people. Viewing mistakes as an opportunity to learn.
- Being courageous: having a go, challenging the status quo, standing up for a better approach
- Not giving up easily: having the tenacity to reach stretching goals
LISTEN AND UNDERSTAND – We’re driven by the needs of our customers.
- Asking questions to ensure we understand others
- Seeking feedback, valuing and acting on it
- Standing in the shoes of others: to understand what they need/their perspective
- Valuing differences: alternative points of view, different ways of doing things
- Keeping it simple: knowing life is complicated enough as it is
FRIENDLY – Straightforward and respectful, with a little humour.
- Treating people respectfully: as we want to be treated ourselves
- Being open and straight forwards in how we talk to each other, work together and share information
- Bringing out the best in each other by adapting our approach to people’s different working styles
- Making it OK to disagree – challenging each other constructively to get to a better place
- Not taking ourselves too seriously - keeping a sense of humour and room for a little fun
WIN TOGETHER – Combining the energy and talents of our people and external partners
- Putting our energy into common goals and having a shared understanding of what success looks like
- Playing to each other’s strengths to get a better overall result
- Building trust by doing what we have said we will do
- Travelling at pace with a sense of urgency to get things done
- Making timely decisions and taking collective responsibility for seeing them through
DO THE RIGHT THING – Make a positive difference to the environment, communities, customers, investors and our people
- Role models our values/ethics: makes decisions aligned to them
- Is open and transparent: we foster a culture of honesty and integrity
- Is fair and reasonable: trusts in others, and is trusted
- Is brave: stands up for what is right even if this can be uncomfortable
If you would like to join us and be part of a multi award winning, fast growing ethical energy business and if this sounds like your next role we’d love to hear from you.
Given the high volume of applications we have received in recent campaigns we recommend you apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We will close the role sooner than the date specified below if we are able to fill the position.
To apply please send a covering letter and a copy of your CV to email@example.com. The closing date is Sunday 23rd October 2016.
Ready to switch?