Data Warehouse Developer
Data Warehouse Developer
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
Changing the world is no easy task. But in 1999 that’s exactly what Good Energy set out to do. Its purpose is to enable people, in their homes and their businesses, to play an important role in combatting climate change, by providing households and businesses access to locally sourced 100% renewable energy. Fast forward to today, and the business is now a key player in the renewable energy space, and despite challenging market conditions has continued to grow profitably over the past 5 years.
The business has recently reviewed its longer term strategy and is now poised to take a leap forwards, focused on a transformational growth agenda which delivers long term value for its customers, shareholders and people. This will enable the achievement of its purpose; powering the choice for customers, of a cleaner greener future. Good Energy now employs over 300 people in the historic market town of Chippenham, Wiltshire.
About the role
As the Data Warehouse Developer, you will work with senior stakeholders across cross-functional business areas to design, deliver and manage a data warehouse environment used for analytics and reporting.
The Data Warehouse developer will be able to demonstrate a strong technical background and will be an authority in building data warehouse functionality from a variety of back end systems and external sources. Key duties and accountabilities of the role will include;
- Working closely with the Solutions Architect and key internal stakeholders to design, develop and deliver a data warehouse to provide high quality reports and analytics capability
- Develop a plan with agreed timelines to design, develop and deliver data warehouse solutions in collaboration with all stakeholders. Present plan back and seek alignment on timeframes
- Work with the applications, DBA and cross-functional business teams to identify and resolve data issues through configuration of data cleansing and de-duplication methods
- Develop KPI’s for the resolution of data issues based on severity of issue. Seek alignment internally on other agreed KPI’s for consistency and completeness to message out to the wider business
- Lead on all aspects of the data warehouse platform. Ensure that reported jobs are successfully run and analytical data is consistent, complete and within agreed KPI’s.
- Work with database administrators to ensure the data warehouse is tuned for optimal performance
- Consistently review the delivery and capability of the data warehouse identifying improvements and working with individuals within the team to keep this consistently at the highest capability
- Consistently upskilling your technical capability to ensure we stay at the forefront of internal technical capability
- Develop close working and mutually beneficial relationships with stakeholders across all levels of the business
You will be educated to degree level in Computer Science, Maths, Business Studies or similar academic background. With the ability to work independently or as part of a team, you will possess demonstrable experience of creation, management and delivery of a cloud based data warehouse preferably in Microsoft Azure. You will have experience working with structured query language including transact SQL, Complex Querying, Stored Procedures, Function and CTE’s.
Additionally, a key part of the role will be to administer and drive a SQL Server reporting database. We also require someone that has experience of working in an agile development environment, and knowledge of associated project methodologies and best practices.
Behaviours - Works in a way which role models our values:
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done.
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together.
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our futureholders.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; we are just a two minute walk from Chippenham train station and within easy reach of surrounding towns and communities.
So if you’d like to be part of this multi award winning, innovative and fast growing ethical energy business, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter stating your experience and suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Given the high volume of applications we have received in recent campaigns we recommend you apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We will close the role sooner than the date specified below if we are able to fill the position.
Closing date: 25th February 2018
Ready to switch?