Customer Marketing Executive
About Good Energy
Changing the world is no easy task. But in 1999 that’s exactly what Good Energy set out to do. Its purpose is to enable people, in their homes and their businesses, to play an important role in protecting their world from climate change, by providing households and businesses access to locally sourced 100% renewable energy. Fast forward to today, and the business is now a key player in the renewable energy space, having enjoyed significant customer and revenue growth over the last 5 years.
The key to this success is the understanding that significant change can be achieved by individuals and businesses working together to make a difference at scale. “Together” has helped create a high performing team of c300 passionate, skilled and motivated Good Energy people. “Together” has galvanised thousands of consumers, business customers and renewable suppliers.
The business has recently reviewed its long-term strategy and is now poised to make its next leap forwards, focused on an ambitious growth agenda which delivers long term value for its customers, shareholders and people, enabling the achievement of its purpose to combat climate change and create a cleaner greener future for us all.
This role is critical in ensuring that all our customers, both Domestic and Business, understand the Good Energy purpose
They will develop and implement communications along the various customer journeys ensuring these are simple and easy to understand, and convey the purpose of Good Energy driving increased understanding of and loyalty to the Brand and customer engagement.
They will be responsible for ensuring we deliver a consistent tone of voice across all communication channels, and develop communications that focus on customer retention. .
Within this role this person will take responsibility for:
- Managing and delivering all ad-hoc letters from creation to print within timeframes; ensuring all key stakeholders are aligned with communications;
- Ensure all communications are appropriate and add value to the target audience through a deep understanding of our customers base;
- Responsible for ensuring communications are engaging, clear in purpose, on Brand and have an appropriate tone of voice.
- Support in delivering a communications plan that feeds into our strategy and tracks when and how we update customers on progress against our purpose through a series of newsletters. Ensure the format and content is engaging and delivers value Monitor value and impact and provide tangible data that reinforces the plan and delivery method;
- Support in delivering a retention and loyalty programme that improves long term customer loyalty and reduces customer churn
- Keeping self-updated and upskilled on means of retaining customers and communication channels, apply learnings to strategies.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Evidenced demonstrated ability to manage consistent Brand Communications across many touchpoints
- Evidenced experience in creating engaging communications that provide value and return on retention
- Experience working in a marketing function and proven evidence of supporting customer retention strategies
- Excellent influencing skills across Marketing, Sales & Operations
- Strong communication of internal stakeholders across the
- Understanding and application of GDPR and how to differentiate service and marketing communications
- Evidenced ability to work at pace, prioritising resources to deliver the biggest customer and commercial benefit
- Strong copywriting skills and ability to apply a consistent brand tone of voice
- Must be highly organised, with great attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the Energy Industry
Works in a way which role models our values:
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done.
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our future holders.
To apply please send a covering letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
By applying for a job at Good Energy, you agree that we’ll process your details for the purpose of applying for this vacancy. We’ll have access to your personal information from your application and other materials you submit in support of your application. We’ll retain your personal information on our own systems to facilitate the administration of the recruitment process and we’ll share your application with the relevant hiring manager. We won’t share your information for marketing purposes or with any third parties without your expressed consent (if we decide to perform a psychometric test, we’ll require additional consent for being able to profile your personal information). We’ll retain your information if you’re unsuccessful for 6 months unless requested not to at which point your data will be deleted.
The closing date for this role is 25th March 2019
Ready to switch?