Customer Marketing Executive (9 Month FTC)
Salary Circa £30K (Dependent on experience) plus benefits
We are one of the UKs fastest growing green energy companies supplying 100% renewable electricity and green gas to domestic and business customers. Our sustainable and ethical approach to how we do business, combined with our award winning customer service, gives us high levels of customer and employee engagement.
Our purpose is to provide people with a choice to make a cleaner, greener future together. We do this by providing access to locally sourced renewable energy.We set up and own the UK’s first commercial wind farm and have expanded our energy generation capacity with a portfolio of our own wind and solar farms. The company was founded in 1999, is listed on AIM and now employs over 300 people in the historic market town of Chippenham, Wiltshire.
About the role
You’ll be working as part of an expanding marketing function including proposition, digital, business and partnerships offline and brand. This role sits within the brand and comms team, with the opportunity to amplify and develop our brand.
The Marketing team is responsible for delivering growth in customer numbers for Good Energy across all channels (including domestic customers, businesses and generators). We want to build great online and offline experiences that connect and engage with our current and future audiences.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Champion the customer – understand the different segments and their needs ensuring all customer touchpoints are written accordingly and delivered through the appropriate channel in line with our brand
- Online and offline copywriting
- Produce customer communications and campaigns (online and offline) to drive cross sell, retention and brand loyalty for supply and Feed-in tariff (B2C and B2B) customers
- Deliver clear insight led marketing briefs to our marketing communications team and agency partners.
- Own the customer touch points and work with the customer experience team to shape and improve our customer journeys
- Ensuring all marketing initiatives are performance monitored and delivered against a defined financial plan and within a set timeline
- Budget monitoring, maintenance and monthly reporting against planned spend.
- Marketing campaign reporting and analysis with resulting recommendations for future activity.
- Working with the marketing and digital team to move the organisation to a digital first mentality.
We’re looking for a talented Customer Marketing Executive with a flair for storytelling, great copy writing skills with the ability to adapt your style to our different customer segments. You will leave no stone unturned in your pursuit of customer engagement to support retention and cross sell.
With a proven track record of delivering successful acquisition, retention and cross-selling activity as well as working with digital channels you’ll be confident and be able to build great relationships with your stakeholders but not afraid to negotiate or challenge in a diplomatic way.
With previous experience of managing budgets, you’ll run customer campaigns from idea to execution and have a good head for figures - it’s important that you have experience in evaluating and reporting your campaigns against KPIs.
Experience of working in a fast paced regulated industry would be an advantage as would experience of using Google Analytics or similar for reporting and insight.
You don’t have to have a background in renewable energy but you must be motivated by working for a purpose and values led organisation, and have the capability to learn about a complex industry, fast.
We are a challenger in the energy market and this is an energy company like no other. You will work alongside colleagues who put our customers and our values at the heart of everything they do. You’ll be part of a small and friendly team so expect to make new friends and enjoy team activities outside of work. Just like us and our customers you will have an interest and understanding of environmental issues.
Behaviours - Works in a way which role models our values:
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done.
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together.
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our futureholders.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; just a short drive off the M4 and a two minute walk from the train station.
If you’d like to be part of a multi award winning, innovative and fast growing ethical energy business, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply please send a covering letter and a copy of your CV to email@example.com.
The closing date for this role is Monday 25th September 2017
Ready to switch?