Circa £30k (dependent on experience) plus excellent benefits
Changing the world is no easy task. But in 1999 that’s exactly what Good Energy set out to do. Its purpose is to enable people, in their homes and their businesses, to play an important role in combatting climate change, by providing households and businesses access to locally sourced 100% renewable energy. Fast forward to today, and the business is now a key player in the renewable energy space, and despite challenging market conditions has continued to grow profitably over the past 5 years.
The business has recently reviewed its longer term strategy and is now poised to take a leap forwards, focused on a transformational growth agenda which delivers long term value for its customers, shareholders and people. This will enable the achievement of its purpose; powering the choice for customers, of a cleaner greener future. The Good Energy team is currently around 300 people strong and is based in the market town of Chippenham, Wiltshire.
About the role
Reporting to the Content & Design Manager, you’ll be responsible for positioning Good Energy as a thought leader in the world of green energy, technology such as smart meters and services including electric vehicle charging, through the conception and creation of innovative, headline-grabbing content which drives people to our brand and keeps them engaged when they’re there, ultimately generating increases in customer responsiveness, generating uptake by potential customers and current customers.
You will provide and/or coordinate content across a number of other creative disciplines, including photography, video, infographic and reports/whitepapers. Owning the brand tone of voice guidelines, you’ll write brand copy to be used across all B2C and B2B marketing channels, with support from the Communication and Marketing teams.
- Create, adapt and deliver content in a wide range of styles and for a wide range of identified channels, with evidenced positive responsiveness from consumers and reportable commercial impact
- Establish a strategic plan for Copywriting activity, working with key stakeholders as required.
- Establish and deliver a consistent content style and tone of voice which is unique to Good Energy, differentiates the brand from the competition and helps to maximise engagement opportunities and optimizes customer interest in our brand.
- Create unique written content for PR, Communications, our website, our app and other channels such as customer newsletters, offering a fresh take on news and events about the environment, sustainability, science, tech and nature
- Produce relevant and user friendly content and copy across a wide range of content types including, but not limited to, website, blogs, sales materials, customer facing emails, whitepapers, thought-leadership pieces, reports, social, webinars, press releases and presentations, working in conjunction with the marketing and PR teams on key themes, products and targeting.
- Work in partnership with our Communications and Marketing teams, to ensure there is a ready supply of written content for promotion on our owned and earned channels, and that it is relevant to the specific platform and audience, identified through market data and trends. Use data to inform most effective methods to reach the target audience
An experienced and exceptional writer, you’ll be able to use data insight to identify target audiences, capture and retain the attention of these audiences, compelling them to read and engage with the brand. With experience of working across multiple channels, you’ll be socially savvy with an understanding of what makes good online and off-platform content.
You don’t have to have a background in renewable energy but you must be motivated by working for a purpose and values led organisation, and have the capability to learn about a complex industry, fast.
You will ideally have experience working in a regulated environment so will understand the need to work closely with internal stakeholders in departments such as Legal and Compliance to ensure the work you create meets our high industry expectations.
Behaviours - Works in a way which role models our values:
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done.
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together.
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our futureholders.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; just a short drive off the M4 and a two minute walk from the train station.
So if you’d like to be part of this innovative and fast growing ethical energy business, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply please send a covering letter and a copy of your CV to email@example.com
By applying for a job at Good Energy, you agree that we’ll process your details for the purpose of applying for this vacancy. We’ll have access to your personal information from your application and other materials you submit in support of your application. We’ll retain your personal information on our own systems to facilitate the administration of the recruitment process and we’ll share your application with the relevant hiring manager. We won’t share your information for marketing purposes or with any third parties without your expressed consent (if we decide to perform a psychometric test we’ll require additional consent for being able to profile your personal information). We’ll retain your information if you’re unsuccessful for 6 months unless requested not to at which point your data will be deleted.
The closing date for this role is 15th July 2018
Ready to switch?