Communications Executive (6 month FTC)
Communications Executive – 6 Month FTC
Salary £20,000 - £25,000 + excellent Benefits
We are one of the UKs fastest growing and dynamic green energy companies selling gas and electricity to domestic and business customers. We own and operate our own wind and solar farms including the UK’s first commercial wind farm. The company was founded in 1999 with just ten people and now employs over 300 people in the historic market town of Chippenham. We pride ourselves in delighting our customers which is the reason we have won so many awards for our customer service.
About the role
We are not your typical energy company and this is not a typical communications role. Your remit will be varied and you’ll be working within our busy Customer Experience Team. Reporting into the Customer Experience Manager, you will be responsible for the production of all off line and online customer communications including; transactional process outputs, proactive and reactive communication and web pages. You will coordinate the initial meeting with stakeholders, draft and develop the external communications and coordinate through to sign off and delivery. Other key duties will include;
- Embed a customer communications framework across Operations and Customer Experience
- Work collaboratively with Marketing to apply brand and tone of voice to communications
- Manage a virtual remit group to ensure technical and compliant accuracy and a timely delivery
- Produce various internal communications and presentations for Customer Service/Customer Experience Staff
- Re-design strategic customer communications
You’ll be a great communicator, with outstanding writing skills (off line and online) and be confident to influence and persuade others when necessary. Working to tight timescales, you’ll be a self-starter, have a creative flair for the written word and not afraid to show your creative side or share your ideas.
Leads in a way which role models the values and supporting behaviours:
PIONEER – Anything is possible; challenge the status quo.
- Being curious: asking ‘why’?, looking for new ways of doing things
- Adapting, what already exists to make it better
- Always learning: from other organisations, partners and people. Viewing mistakes as an opportunity to learn.
- Being courageous: having a go, challenging the status quo, standing up for a better approach
- Not giving up easily: having the tenacity to reach stretching goals
LISTEN AND UNDERSTAND – We’re driven by the needs of our customers.
- Asking questions to ensure we understand others
- Seeking feedback, valuing and acting on it
- Standing in the shoes of others: to understand what they need/their perspective
- Valuing differences: alternative points of view, different ways of doing things
- Keeping it simple: knowing life is complicated enough as it is
FRIENDLY – Straightforward and respectful, with a little humour.
- Treating people respectfully: as we want to be treated ourselves
- Being open and straight forwards in how we talk to each other, work together and share information
- Bringing out the best in each other by adapting our approach to people’s different working styles
- Making it OK to disagree – challenging each other constructively to get to a better place
- Not taking ourselves too seriously - keeping a sense of humour and room for a little fun
WIN TOGETHER – Combining the energy and talents of our people and external partners
- Putting our energy into common goals and having a shared understanding of what success looks like
- Playing to each other’s strengths to get a better overall result
- Building trust by doing what we have said we will do
- Travelling at pace with a sense of urgency to get things done
- Making timely decisions and taking collective responsibility for seeing them through
DO THE RIGHT THING – Make a positive difference to the environment, communities, customers, investors and our people
- Role models our values/ethics: makes decisions aligned to them
- Is open and transparent: we foster a culture of honesty and integrity
- Is fair and reasonable: trusts in others, and is trusted
- Is brave: stands up for what is right even if this can be uncomfortable
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; just a short drive off the M4 and a two minute walk from the train station.
If you’d like to be part of a multi award winning, fast growing ethical energy business and if this sounds like your next communications role we’d love to hear from you.
As part of the application process we would like you to draft a welcome letter to send to a customer who has recently signed up to Good Energy and accompany this with a copy of your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com. The closing date is Sunday 27th November 2016.
Given the high volume of applications we have received in recent campaigns we recommend you apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We will close the role sooner than the date specified if we are able to fill the position.
Ready to switch?