Commercial Technical Manager, Strategy
£Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
We are one of the UKs fastest growing green energy companies supplying 100% renewable electricity and green gas to domestic and business customers. Our sustainable and ethical approach to how we do business, combined with our award winning customer service, gives us high levels of customer and employee engagement.
Our purpose is to provide people with a choice to make a cleaner, greener future together. We do this by providing access to locally sourced renewable energy. We set up and own the UK’s first commercial wind farm and have expanded our energy generation capacity with a portfolio of our own wind and solar farms. The company was founded in 1999, is listed on AIM and now employs over 300 people in the historic market town of Chippenham, Wiltshire.
About the role
As a key member of the Strategy team, the role will be integral to supporting the Strategy Partner with the commercialisation and technical development of new products and services for domestic and business customers. The role has strong emphasis on continuous business growth through activities focused on consumer research, commercial negotiations, product development and design, and collaboration with external and internal management functions and staff.
Other key responsibilities will include;
- Lead and inform strategy on the design of value propositions to create new products and services in collaboration with key stakeholders across the business
- Lead integration of the created products and services developed through value proposition process, ensuring adoption by relevant business associates;
- Coordinate and consolidate consumer research with stakeholders to gain customer insight and provide tangible output from research;
- Create and present new business models to support the value proposition through in-depth analysis of revenue streams, cost structures, key resources, key activities and key partners.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders on proposed models and seek timely decision on adoption of models;
- Develop and establish long-term mutual value partnerships with suppliers to drive revenue.
- Negotiate competitive commercial terms with key partners and suppliers with support of the in-house legal team and hold partners accountable for delivery against contract terms
- Facilitate, review and analyse predictive analytics data models and strategies that are accelerating business growth for incorporation into value propositions
- Lead and appraise techno-economic feasibility studies to support and inform the newly created value propositions
With a business degree and a Bachelor in Sustainable Energy for Buildings, you’ll have tangible experience of successfully designing and facilitating value propositions and product development activities. With proven experience in complex commercial negotiations you will have the technical knowledge and application of building related sustainability measures.
Highly analytical in nature, you will have proven experience in analysing the commercial impact of emerging business models and technologies. You will also be able to evidence how you have the created and presented commercially impactful business models that support these value propositions
An exceptional Project Manager, you will have a good understanding and working knowledge of business strategy tools, processes and frameworks.
Whilst it is not essential that you have a background in renewable energy but you must be motivated by working for a purpose and values led organisation, and have the capability to learn about a complex industry, fast.
Behaviours - Works in a way which role models our values:
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done.
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together.
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our futureholders.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; we are just a two minute walk from Chippenham train station and within easy reach of surrounding towns and communities.
So if you’d like to be part of this multi award winning, innovative and fast growing ethical energy business, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter stating your experience and suitability for the role to email@example.com.
Given the high volume of applications we have received in recent campaigns we recommend you apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We will close the role sooner than the date specified below if we are able to fill the position.
Closing date: Monday 5th February 2018
Ready to switch?