Changing the world is no easy task. But in 1999 that’s exactly what Good Energy set out to do with an ambition to enable homes and businesses to be part of a sustainable solution to climate change. Fast forward 17 years and the business is now one of the highest profile players in the alternative energy space, shaping national debate & policy and enjoying hard earned business success trebling revenues and profits over the last 5 years.
Supporting the Supplier Performance Manager you will be required to undertake a wide range of duties including:
- Contract management of high value/risk suppliers
- Lead and manage commercial aspects of contracts
- Act as principal point of contact for suppliers delivering into contracts under your commercial control - interfacing directly with suppliers including conducting supplier performance reviews
- Ensure all activities are undertaken with appropriate commercial agreements in place remaining compliant with Good Energy’s policies and procedure
- Build and maintain good relationships with key suppliers
- Supporting stakeholders with commercial requirements
- Understand customer requirements in order to ensure that the Contract delivers best value for our customers
- Sourcing and developing suppliers and services, providing Value for Money
- Managing major supplier accounts for the Metering Services department providing maximum efficiency, and resolving internal problems when suppliers have concerns to be addressed.
- Providing procurement advice and expertise to the wider business as required
- Maintain commercial registers, archives, policies and procedures
In return we offer a competitive salary, benefits package and a great working environment. This role is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business that is committed to making a difference to how we think about and source energy in the UK
To join us you’ll need;
- Experience in a similar role
- Degree qualified or equivalent industry experience
- Demonstrable experience in building relationships with suppliers, contract/performance management, negotiation and supplier development
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organisation
- CIPS qualified or working towards
Works in a way which role models the values and supporting behaviours:
PIONEER – Anything is possible; challenge the status quo.
- Being curious: asking ‘why’?, looking for new ways of doing things
- Adapting, what already exists to make it better
- Always learning: from other organisations, partners and people. Viewing mistakes as an opportunity to learn.
- Being courageous: having a go, challenging the status quo, standing up for a better approach
- Not giving up easily: having the tenacity to reach stretching goals
LISTEN AND UNDERSTAND – We’re driven by the needs of our customers.
- Asking questions to ensure we understand others
- Seeking feedback, valuing and acting on it
- Standing in the shoes of others: to understand what they need/their perspective
- Valuing differences: alternative points of view, different ways of doing things
- Keeping it simple: knowing life is complicated enough as it is
FRIENDLY – Straightforward and respectful, with a little humour.
- Treating people respectfully: as we want to be treated ourselves
- Being open and straight forwards in how we talk to each other, work together and share information
- Bringing out the best in each other by adapting our approach to people’s different working styles
- Making it OK to disagree – challenging each other constructively to get to a better place
- Not taking ourselves too seriously - keeping a sense of humour and room for a little fun
WIN TOGETHER – Combining the energy and talents of our people and external partners
- Putting our energy into common goals and having a shared understanding of what success looks like
- Playing to each other’s strengths to get a better overall result
- Building trust by doing what we have said we will do
- Travelling at pace with a sense of urgency to get things done
- Making timely decisions and taking collective responsibility for seeing them through
DO THE RIGHT THING – Make a positive difference to the environment, communities, customers, investors and our people
- Role models our values/ethics: makes decisions aligned to them
- Is open and transparent: we foster a culture of honesty and integrity
- Is fair and reasonable: trusts in others, and is trusted
- Is brave: stands up for what is right even if this can be uncomfortable
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter stating your experience and suitability for the role to email@example.com. The closing date is Sunday 4th December 2016
Given the high volume of applications we have received in recent campaigns we recommend you apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We will close the role sooner than the date specified if we are able to fill the position.
Ready to switch?