Business Finance Manager (B2B)
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
Changing the world is no easy task. But in 1999 that’s exactly what Good Energy set out to do. Its purpose is to enable people, in their homes and their businesses, to play an important role in protecting their world from climate change, by providing households and businesses access to locally sourced 100% renewable energy. Fast forward to today, and the business is now a key player in the renewable energy space, having enjoyed significant customer and revenue growth over the last 5 years.
The key to this success? Is the understanding that significant change can be achieved by individuals and businesses working together to make a difference at scale. “Together” has helped create a high performing team of c300 passionate, skilled and motivated Good Energy people. “Together” has galvanised thousands of consumers, business customers and renewable suppliers.
The business has recently reviewed its longer term strategy and is now poised to make its next leap forwards, focused on an ambitious growth agenda which delivers long term value for its customers, shareholders and people, enabling the achievement of its purpose to combat climate change and create a cleaner greener future for us all.
About the role
The purpose of the finance function is to ensure that the business delivers sustainable profitable performance to enable us to fulfil our purpose and for the benefit of all our stakeholders. In order to achieve this, we are responsible for providing accurate, timely and insightful information to support commercial decision making, to monitor and understand our financial performance and to identify opportunities for us to improve that performance.
This is a highly visible role where developing new reporting, insight and metrics will be essential to highlight growth opportunities for the business along with detailed financial and commercial support.
The Business Finance Manager will build a number of new processes and identify improvements to be made to existing processes to reflect and adapt to organisational change and growth. Other key duties and accountabilities of the role will include;
- Continued identification and development of divisional performance management and forecasting (to include P&L, working capital, cash and KPI’s)
- Identify capabilities and processes to increase the level of value adding analytical support
- Business finance support to new product development such as EV, storage and other business services
- Oversee the end to end preparation of the B2B Divisional P&L budgets and associated three year plans
- Support the Planning and Reporting Manager in preparing of regular reforecasts of budgets, proactively liaising with appropriate stakeholders to monitor progress and ensure that the Divisions financial targets are met and that variances are well understood
- Lead the delivery of robust financial analysis to challenge business performance and drive profitability, manage KPI / key business driver performance reporting and assess key risks to delivery of objectives
- Provide accurate business and financial expertise to the identification, development, and implementation of growth opportunities (including for example business cases, deal support, business development and contract initiation, pricing, segment profitability, risk management and post-investment review)
- Support effective and accurate cost control and cost management behaviour
- Drive and deliver continuous customer service improvements including financial process and reporting improvements and identification, management and reporting of financial risks and issues
You will have demonstrable experience in a finance business partner / commercial partnering finance role in an organisation experiencing growth or significant change.
You will be able to establish strategic direction and develop effective impactful strategic working relationships whilst fostering an environment of innovation and positive change.
Developing a constructive working relationship with staff within the wider Finance team, you will have a balanced, collegiate manner that engenders trust.
Additionally, you will possess well developed leadership and influencing skills, outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate issues, alternatives and conclusions with a particular focus on being able to communicate complex financial implications and issues in a way that is appropriate and insightful for non-finance colleagues.
Behaviours - Works in a way which role models our values:
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done.
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together.
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our futureholders.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; we are just a two minute walk from Chippenham train station and within easy reach of surrounding towns and communities.
So if you’d like to be part of this multi award winning, innovative and fast growing ethical energy business, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter stating your experience and suitability for the role to email@example.com.
Given the high volume of applications we have received in recent campaigns we recommend you apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We will close the role sooner than the date specified below if we are able to fill the position.
Closing date: 26th November 2017
Ready to switch?