Business Account Manager, PPA
Up to £22,000 plus excellent benefits
We are one of the UKs fastest growing green energy companies supplying 100% renewable electricity and green gas to domestic and business customers. Our sustainable and ethical approach to how we do business, combined with our award winning customer service, gives us high levels of customer and employee engagement.
Our purpose is to provide people with a choice to make a cleaner, greener future together. We do this by providing access to locally sourced renewable energy.We set up and own the UK’s first commercial wind farm and have expanded our energy generation capacity with a portfolio of our own wind and solar farms. The company was founded in 1999, is listed on AIM and now employs over 300 people in the historic market town of Chippenham, Wiltshire.
About the role
So we are not your typical energy company and this is not a typical Account Management role. Working within our Business Services Team in this role, you will be responsible for managing the relationships to deliver our larger PPA contracts post-sale. This is a role with a high level of customer contact, but also requires coordination of internal resources to ensure service delivery objectives are met. This role is part of the wider Account Management and Sales Support team, reporting to the Account Management Senior Manager.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Building relationships with key stakeholders in customers’ organisations, to ensure they are satisfied with our PPA service and that we are retaining them as customers.
- Identifying opportunities for cross- and up-selling and passing leads to the appropriate Business Services Sales Team.
- Providing appropriate support to key decision makers in customer organisations with whom we can strengthen our relationship and cross sell e.g. Energy Management and Sustainability teams
- Ensuring compliance with the PPA and SMARTGEN contracts.
- Taking end to end responsibility for resolving clients’ queries and issues on their accounts, liaising with different Good Energy teams and keeping the customer up to date.
- Ensuring all types of account activity are carried out effectively (e.g. onboarding, meter reading/payment processing, meter verifications, meter/contact detail changes), undertaking this activity yourself where it is efficient to do so and liaising with
- Reporting to the Business Services function on insights and expectations from customers to develop our proposition and improve our service
You’ll have a background in and will be committed to delivering excellent customer service and exceeding customer expectations as well as taking ownership to resolve queries. You will be a confident and engaging communicator and will comfortable with a high level of customer contact of the phone and in writing. You’ll have a good eye for detail and accuracy and will be able to work under your own initiative with a proactive approach delivering results and meeting deadlines.
You don’t have to have a background in renewable energy but you must be motivated by working for a purpose and values led organisation, and have the capability to learn about a complex industry, fast.
Behaviours - Works in a way which role models our values:
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done.
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together.
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our futureholders.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; just a short drive off the M4 and a two minute walk from the train station.
If you’d like to be part of a multi award winning, innovative and fast growing ethical energy business, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply please send a covering letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for this role is Friday 26th January 2018.
Ready to switch?