£Competitive with excellent benefits
One of the biggest things we can all do to tackle climate change is switch to clean power. At Good Energy, we’ve been giving people that choice since 1999. We supply thousands of homes and businesses with 100% renewable electricity, sourced from local, independent generators. And, by working with our customers, generators and investors, we’re achieving our purpose of powering a cleaner, greener future together.
We’re now beginning an exciting new chapter in our story, which will see us explore innovative ways to help more and more homes and businesses use clean, renewable power. To do this, we need talented people to join us. And that’s where you come in. Join us, and become part of a team whose day-to-day work contributes to building a more sustainable world for us all.
About the role
We are looking for a commercially minded lawyer operating within the legal team, assisting with the provision of day-to-day legal support and advice across Good Energy. You will provide support for a wide range of corporate, commercial and regulatory legal matters that arise.
Reporting to our General Counsel, you will work within our legal team, comprising of three Lawyers and the General Counsel and you’ll support the business to deliver its objectives, ensuring you manage and balance risk against commercial solutions to reach an outcome that deliver against business need. You will work collaboratively with stakeholders from across the business to ensure all are aligned with the direction and anticipated outcome.
Legally qualified and ideally with up to at least three years post qualification experience, preferably gained in house within a corporate/commercial background. You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to build strong and trusted advisor relationships. Experience of working in a highly regulated business is desirable but not essential. You will have demonstrable experience of offering pragmatic and commercial advice and delivering solutions to complex legal challenges. You’ll be part of a small but creative thinking, dynamic and very friendly team in a fast paced office.
You don’t have to have a background in renewable energy but you must be motivated by working for a purpose and values led organisation, and have the capability to learn about a complex industry, fast.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Managing for value
- Understanding the external market place and in particular the regulatory and political environment
- Understanding Good Energy, its mission, strategy and its customers
- Creative thinking and intelligent decision-making
Building Great Relationships:
- Impact and influencing skills
- Confidence and credibility with a range of levels from senior stakeholders to the front line and customers
- Effective networking across the wider Good Energy community
- Partnering with key colleagues and stakeholders to build trusted advisor relationships
Making Change Happen:
- Stakeholder management – including internal customers and stakeholders, and external relationships including potentially regulators where appropriate
- Effective decision making within the team including being able to react at speed to changing circumstances and make decisions under pressure
- Clear and effective communication with key stakeholders to ensure alignment
- Driving cultural evolution in line with Good Energy’s mission, strategy and values
Key legal skills:
- Drafting, particularly expressing complex concepts in plain and simple language
- Pragmatic advice, delivering solutions to complex legal challenges
- Transactional experience at an operational level
- Interpretation of regulatory requirements
The closing date for this role is Sunday 9th June 2019
Ready to switch?