Apprentice Service Desk Analyst
Salary: £157.50 - £293.63 p/w
Working Week: Monday to Friday – requirement to work one of the following dependant on rota. 0800 to 1630 0830 to 1700 0900 to 1730 60 minute lunch break
Total hours per week: 37.50
Duration: 24 Months
Start Date: ASAP
About Good Energy
Founded in 1999, Our mission at Good Energy is to transform the UK energy market by helping homes and businesses to be part of a sustainable solution to climate change.
Good Energy is looking for talented people to help us build a more sustainable future for the UK. We’re motivated by the contribution we make every day towards developing the green energy sector and reducing the UK’s carbon emissions.
Life at Good Energy is a little different from your average company. Everyone works in a fun and fast paced environment where your day to day responsibilities will be contributing to a better, more sustainable future for everyone.
The Apprentice Service Desk Analyst will require a flexible self-starter, capable of working in a small but highly demanding and productive team environment. The successful candidate will work closely with members of the IT & Digital team to deliver robust solutions. The role requires the ability to communicate and work with a variety of people from every area of the
As an Apprentice Service Desk Analyst, you will be part of the IT team. The IT & Digital team is responsible for supporting the Business with all IT & Digital needs. The successful candidate will require a passion for customer service and communication with colleagues, and will contribute to continual improvement of service desk documentation.
Work closely with customers around the business to collect necessary information to allow resolution of Service Desk tickets.
Directly resolve service desk tickets in agreed areas of responsibility including, but not limited to:
- New user accounts setup (Active Directory/Exchange/Shortel telephony etc.)
- Account permission modification (In line with approval process)
- Remote deployment of software packages
- Account retirement in accordance with leaver’s procedures
Provide application support including, but not limited to:
- Responding to user queries
- Investigating application errors
- Escalate tickets to Senior Service Desk Analyst as required
- Self-Manage assigned activities
- Support the Service Desk and Governance Lead
- Provide, to support Service Desk ticket resolution
- Provide information, and direct tickets, as required to other members of IT & Digital to allow tickets to be resolved, and support management of the Service Desk workload
- Contribute to the creation, maintenance and continual improvement of service desk processes/documentation
- At all times follow and support all relevant departmental policies, guidelines, processes and other documentation
- Maintain quality and accuracy in all areas of work, in particular for any Service Desk tickets directly resolved by yourself
- Support the IT & Digital Department in other activities
- Adopt and drive a framework of continuous improvement, developing innovative and value-added ways to serve our customer
- Facilitate clear and concise communications between the IT & Digital team and our customer during times of major service impacting issues
Requirements and prospects
- A passion for developing your Hardware/Software diagnosis and troubleshooting skills
- Self-starter capability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of gathering key information to allow decisions to be taken
- Attention to detail
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to promote a professional perception of the department to others
- Ability to prioritise a varied and demanding workload to hit agreed deadlines
- Confidence getting to grips with unfamiliar IT applications and software
- Adaptability: able to thrive in an evolving work environment
- Ability to work under pressure during times of high calls volumes and high impacting incidents.
- Experience with Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Works in a way which role models our purpose & values:
- Our Purpose: ‘Powering the choice of cleaner greener future, together’
- We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done
- We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together
- We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together
- In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our future holders
- Minimum GCSE grades A to C including Maths and English. All applicants will be required to pass initial assessments in Maths and English.
- All applicants will be required to complete initial assessments in Maths and English.
- Depending on the apprenticeship applied for, you will also need to complete the ICT initial assessment.
May lead to permanent employment for the right candidate on completion of the apprenticeship.
An advanced apprenticeship in IT can lead to jobs such as Software or Web Developer, Support Engineer, Software Tester or Network Planner, and much more. You could progress to a Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms.
Things to consider
- Driving licence preferable but not essential
- You must be able to get to and from the place of work and college in a timely manner
- Advanced Apprenticeships in IT and Telecoms can take up to 24 months to complete, although the actual duration will depend on your job role and previous experience
- To assist you during your apprenticeship, you may be required to purchase some equipment and resources to support you during your course
Closing date: 20th January 2019
Ready to switch?