Agile Programme Lead
£Competitive with excellent benefits
Changing the world is no easy task. But in 1999 that’s exactly what Good Energy set out to do. Its purpose is to enable people, in their homes and their businesses, to play an important role in combatting climate change, by providing households and businesses access to locally sourced 100% renewable energy. Fast forward to today, and the business is now a key player in the renewable energy space, and despite challenging market conditions has continued to grow profitably over the past 5 years.
The business has recently reviewed its longer term strategy and is now poised to take a leap forwards, focused on a transformational growth agenda which delivers long term value for its customers, shareholders and people. This will enable the achievement of its purpose; powering the choice for customers, of a cleaner greener future. Good Energy now employs over 300 people in the historic market town of Chippenham, Wiltshire.
About the role
As Agile Programme Lead you will work as part of the IT & Digital leadership team and will be responsible for maintaining a virtual PMO function that supports multiple interdependent deliveries of digital products and technology solutions to the customer and the business. With line management responsibility for a team of Agile Project Managers and Scrum Masters, and will work closely with the exec team, key stakeholders, business teams and managers of interdependent change projects and programmes.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Portfolio & Roadmap - develop and verify an up to date plan and visualisation of the amount of work in progress across all projects and initiatives produced to help with stakeholder communications; driving projects forward and ensuring status updates are known.
- Leadership – Lead and develop a high performing team of professionals to deliver a high impact output
- Partners - Provide oversight of partner resources and deliveries – ensure partners and external teams are engaged correctly with internal teams, according to delivery processes, and managed within parameters of cost, value and schedule.
- Finance - Working with the finance team to oversee and report on budget expenditure across projects, workstreams and partner activity.
- Forecasting – Ensure cycle time and throughput is measured and use statistical analysis to produce delivery forecasts based on actuals.
- Reduce cycle time - Capture and identify impediments and system-wide process improvements, to support reduced cycle time and increase the frequency of releases.
- Remove dependencies – Ensure effective dependency management is in place between work streams to support the decoupling of teams and to aid collaboration and coordination.
- Monitor outcomes - Monitor key outcome metrics.
- Stakeholder management and communications – Ensure line of communication to the exec and stakeholders including reporting delivery status, risks, issues/impediments, actions and dependencies.
- Process Improvement – Review and adapt all delivery processes to identify impediments and drive continuous improvement.
Passionate about great technology and customer experience you will have experience of successfully delivering large and complex software development and technology integration programmes that meet business strategy. You will have successfully led high performing teams within agile delivery environments to deliver scalable solutions, ideally including digital, web and mobile products.
With a degree or postgraduate qualification in Computer Science, Engineering or similar as well as a certificate in Agile, Scrum or Lead methods. You will have a proven track record of improving the velocity and quality of software development through the practical application of methods, tools and techniques.
You will be an excellent communicator who has the ability to analyse complex problems, lead discussions and create practical solutions. You will have demonstrable knowledge and success of driving value across cross-functional teams as well as working with outsourced partners/offshore teams.
A background in the UK energy sector is desirable but not essential, however you must be motivated by working for a purpose and values led organisation, with the capability to quickly learn about a complex regulated industry.
Behaviours - Works in a way which role models our values:
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done.
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together.
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our future holders.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; just a short drive off the M4 and a two minute walk from the train station.
If you’d like to be part of a multi award winning, innovative and fast growing ethical energy business, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply please send a covering letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for this role is 25th April 2018
Ready to switch?